• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deck of Many Things Art contest -Poll closed

The best art for the Deck of Many things is:

• hafrogman post 10

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • ToddSchumacher post 26

Votes: 57 22.6%
  • Sialia posts 36, 37, 43, 44, 45, 48, 49

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • anonymous person post 42

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • DertyAngel posts 63-66

Votes: 99 39.3%

• Poll closed .

Bandeeto

First Post
[Sialia writing from Bandeeto's computer]

Before this thread closes and we all move on to other things, I would like to ask those who have had cool ideas about what minor artifacts could look like to please stop by my new thread and give me more ideas.

I'm feeling open to things right now, and full of possibilities.

Need fuel to keep going.

I agree on the quality of enchantable objects, and the need for a "solid" feel that could exist in normal nondigital space. Also anchoring in culture, geography, style, technology and time.

Many thanks to all of you who said kind things, or have given useful critique. I've gotten a lot out of this excercise--including most especially the resurrection of a sleeping muse I thought had left me.

There really isn't anything more precious I could have wanted.

Thank you also to my competitors, who challenged me to look for deeper answers, and produced beautiful decks.

-Sialia

Crothian

First Post
And the winner is....

Not so fast. We had some ballot stuffing going on and there will be votes that won't be counted. Once that is taken care of the real winner will be announced.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Holly_Angels said:
See I thought this said art work contest.

I looked at all of them and far as art goes DA beat them all hands down.
Which must be why you - or to be proper, 'Astronus' - registered 36 user names in order to vote. 35 of those votes will be removed, and your ip address is now banned. Here's a hint; cheating is sleazy. You owe DertyAngel an apology. His art is great and stands on its own, and he really didn't benefit from your ballot stuffing.

The poll has now been corrected to remove duplicate votes.

Last edited:

jsewell

First Post
ElectricDragon said:
Ah, then such campaigns would be set in the time of the Crusades, King Arthur, and Chauncer? Since the art is limited; is the armor (Full Plate or Half Plate) and other things (clothes, metallurgy, serfdom, missing middleclass) also limited? Or is it really just a mixture of all these bygone times and only the artwork is so limited?

Ciao
Dave
Of course... :p

Actually, I was just trying to clairfy what historical medieval art looks like. I agree with the rest of your post I pulled the original quote from. If I offended you or any of the artists, my apologies. Obviously, with magic, only the imagination limits. (And, thankfully, the Crusaders didn't have magic).

-john

Aus_Snow

First Post
Uh, I just wanted to say congrats to Sialia for winning, and to all the contestants for their nifty works.

Impressive stuff. :cool:

ElectricDragon

Explorer
I was replying more to amaril who edited his/her post to remove the offending comment after DA and I replied and obviously before the Mods saw it.

Ciao
Dave

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads