Deep Water and Shoals II

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

The elf chieftain hesitates, looking around at the clearing; at Malachi and Nicodemus, clearly "primed for action," as it were, at Stout and Sanchez and the loaded swivel gun, and at the menacing-looking Vemuz and his captive.

He raises his right hand, and for a moment, it looks as though arrows will fly. But instead of gesturing to fire, he makes a summoning motion; the brush parts, and six elves, clad like their leader in wolfskins and leather step out, forming into a line behind their leader.

"Now, we all put down weapons, then you and me talk," he says, shaking your hand briefly and releasing it quickly, as though afraid of being contaminated. Nonetheless, his hands feel as though they could crush a reasonably sized boulder. "But not call us friends. Friends made by threats no true friends; tem-po-rar-ee allies, at most."

Malachi,

Malthas appears to have handled the situation superbly, although the chieftain exudes disgust at having to neogiate with those whom he regards as affiliated with the Standishtowners, and the warriors are clearly uneasy.

(OOC Malachi: I get the reference!)

(OOC All: I'll be in vacation until Thursday, just so's you all know.)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Bob, is their a Sailor's term/sland that I could use to confer 'North' to my shipmates? Something the Elves wouldn't know. Something like...

IC Well lads, seems that things have taken a turn towards Calypso's Crown <North, towards the top of her head, etc...>.
Might I remind you all that not every WInd blows favorably
<Things are taking a nasty turn,danger!>

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas nods. "Aye, that's true. But everything starts somewhere." He sets Tuanna down beside him, and crosses his hands on his chest. "There's one." He looks expectantly at the Chief.

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malthas,

The chieftain nods approvingly when you set Tuanna down, and lays his own weapons beside Tuanna.

He gestures to his "Brethren," and there is an uneasy pause as it looks like the other elves will not follow the lead of their chieftain. But they know where their loyalties lie, and bows, hatchets, and spears clatter to the ground. Deprived of their weaponry, or at least deprived of their conspicuous weaponry, they stand in a row with arms crossed, shifting uneasily and some of the more belligerent ones cracking their knuckles.

"Your Brethren," the chieftain says, gesturing at the rest of the expedition. "Will put down their weapons like honorable men, yes?"

Nicodemus,

(OOC: Yes, that works. Thanks for the idea for Calypso's Crown, by the way...)

(OOC All: While I think of it, do any of the characters present here speak/understand Elven? I can't find the Rogue's Gallery thread anymore...)

Jonah,

You and Captain McCrenshaw pass the next half hour in tense silence, scanning the woods with weapons ready, and getting no rest at all. The lack of food or drinkable water (particularly with the river a mere few feet away) merely adds to the discomfort of the whole situation; even the normally steady Captain is becoming prone to jumping at shadows.

(OOC: Spot & Listen checks again, please.)

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Gun Down" Malachi half-turns to Sanchez and Stout with the order to point the barrel down.

He relaxes his own weapon too and cautiously shuffles forward to join the others

(ooc BOB check out the Malachi Legba entry in my sig - link to the Rogues Gallery Page)

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Nicodemus speaks Elven, Bob.

IC: Smiling as he does, Nico sets his loaded pistol upon the ground.

kenjib

First Post
Vemuz tells his hostage, "Your weapons too. Slowly and no games." He then calls out to Malachi in the heavy pigin slang of the islands, hoping the elves grasp of common is not good enough to understand the heavy dialect "Waja do nah blood keep, Malachi?"

He is asking Malachi what he should do about the captive using a term commonly used for ransoming war captives when tribes on the isles fight.

He is also buying time to make sure he is the last man to drop his weapon. He'll not go barehanded while others are armed before him.

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas looks around at his companions and fellows. "We will all set down our weapons, yes?" He then smiles at the Chief. "Now we are getting somewhere. Even the most inauspicious beginnings can lead to comfortable surroundings, eh?" He then reaches slowly into the folds of his clothing and pulls out a silver flask, takes a pull from it, and offers it to the elf. "A drink for luck, and the Lady?"

OOC: I apparently didn't select languages for Malthas. He's got +3 int, so I would likely have taken Common, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven and Gnomish.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
kenjib said:
Vemuz tells his hostage, "Your weapons too. Slowly and no games." He then calls out to Malachi in the heavy pigin slang of the islands, hoping the elves grasp of common is not good enough to understand the heavy dialect "Waja do nah blood keep, Malachi?"

"Baton belong-dhem down, yu to'go dhem nah blood keep" Malachi answers Vemuz in the same pidgin indicating that the hostage should only be released once all the elves weapons are down.

"Lady begud mon belong-hem" he grins

Of course you notice that though its head is pointed down and held only loosely in his hand Malachi still has his half-spear in hand - the customs of a lifetime are hard to break.

Xael

First Post
Jonah is starting to get enough of the forest life, at least without sufficient supplies and (probably) a group of vicious elves hunting him. The forest's shapes blur as he fights against the lovely thougth of sleeping. His vision disrupted by the monotonous guarding and his half-awake state, he still tries to stay on guard.

OOC: Spot 3 + 4 - 1 (I've forgotten to add this before :eek:) = 6
Listen 15 + 4 - 1 = 18

Last edited:

Remove ads