Deepwater's Despair

dead_radish

Explorer
*Tyralis nods.* "They like as not have something up their sleeves. But I don't relish the idea of fighting them from two sides - if we start with the first door, and work our way down, we're less likely to be pinned in.... Fluke, can you sneak in to the room and check it out without getting caught?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yup I can make it without getting caught, I'll check for more of those sneaky traps too, the little buggers sure are fond of them." replies Fluke heading slowly towards the door that Sargon indicated. He takes care to remain hidden and to check for traps along the way.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Fluke realizes it will be impossible to hide with a torch in hand and reluctantly exstinguishes it. The glow from further down the hall will have to suffice. He approaches the first door and examines it for traps. He does find a simple trip-wire that's camoflauged by the cracks in the door, but probably the inhabitants step over it out of habit. Only an outsider would trip, and thus give the inhabitants of the room time to react. The hinges are luckily made of leather straps, so at least there's no squealing metal hinges. Carefully poking open the door, Fluke almost gags at the stench that pours out. He can only make out a few forms in the dim light, which seem to be kobolds curled up on pallets made of old rags. They wear leather armor and have a collection of swords and daggers by their hands. Judging by the snores, there have to be more than the three Fluke can see. None of them seem to react to the door opening.

Erekose13

Explorer
*Fluke sneaks up to the first one in the room and with his dagger, silently slits the creature's throat, delivering a coup-de-gras. If the creature makes no sound he will continue to remove the sleeping threats one by one. If some of them look like they are waking, he will escape quickly behind his friends.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Fluke moves very, very quietly and slowly to avoid tripping over something and setting an alarm. Moving from throat to throat, he quietly slits them and leaves the blood to soak into their rag pallets. Going mostly by feel, he dispatches a dozen kobolds before the room is silent and snore-free.

Manzanita

First Post
Sargon the barbarian

*Sargon creeps in after Fluke finishes his grisly chore. He gapes at the carnage the little halfling has wrought. He clasps the small man's shoulder.*

"I am indeed greatful to have you at my side. You have done good here, today. Now let's keep moving and hope our luck holds."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Those little buggers dont deserve any better, stealing from Keylaran and the others. Come on lets have a look at the whats in the next door (3)." Fluke says having returned to the group. He then moves quietly up to the door, listens to see if he can hear anything more from there, then checks to see if the door is locked or trapped.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Fluke moves carefully on to the third door, snipping another tripwire, and slowly opening the door. At the same time, Tyralis moves into the first room and feels around for any concealed exits or whatnot, doing it mostly by touch in the darkness. Disturbingly, he finds one hatch in the floor that opens downward. It was under a seemingly innocent empty bundle of rags. And it's open.

The door opens under Fluke's gentle touch. He spies many kobold bodies lying down, snoring loudly. That does last long, as the kobolds sit up quickly, firing with deadly accuracy. Two bolts strike him high in the chest, and Fluke drops to the floor, senseless.

OOC - Fluke takes 11 points of damage, going -4 and dropping.
Initiative
Tyralis - 20
Sargon - 18
Fluke - 15
Kobolds - 13
Torug - 8

Remove ads