• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deepwood sniper conversion?

Ruvion said:
was the Deepwood Sniper converted to v3.5 from Master of the Wild [v3.0]?
What needs converting? I should think that you could use it unchanged. The DS's true strike should be as though cast by a sorcerer of the character's deepwood sniper level, rather than a cleric, but that's not conversion, that's erratta. (Unless 3.0 Clerics got true strike, and nobody told me.)

Ruvion

First Post
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
What needs converting? I should think that you could use it unchanged. The DS's true strike should be as though cast by a sorcerer of the character's deepwood sniper level, rather than a cleric, but that's not conversion, that's erratta. (Unless 3.0 Clerics got true strike, and nobody told me.)

That's true, there need be no real need for a conversion...what I meant to say was if there was a 3.5 update on the class (different stats, new abilities, etc) :p

But thanks guys...I thought I saw it somewhere...but my head is playing tricks on me again. :mad:

One more question...is there any archer class from WotC following the same vein of Order of the Bow Initiate or the Deepwood Sniper?

Len

Prodigal Member
Ruvion said:
One more question...is there any archer class from WotC following the same vein of Order of the Bow Initiate or the Deepwood Sniper?
Well, there's Order of the Bow Initiate. :) In Complete Warrior, slightly nerfed from 3.0 I believe.

Laman Stahros

First Post
Ruvion said:
That's true, there need be no real need for a conversion...what I meant to say was if there was a 3.5 update on the class (different stats, new abilities, etc) :p

But thanks guys...I thought I saw it somewhere...but my head is playing tricks on me again. :mad:

Peerless Archer from Silver Marches, but that might be 3.0. Otherwise, none I can think of.

The link Prism offers above is really handy in these situations. All of the 3.0 prestige classes are listed and there is an indication of what has been updated and where.

noeuphoria

First Post
As I recall from MotW, the deepwood sniper also gets cover reduction. You should probably change this, since it went by percentages. I suggest granting the precise and improved precise shot feats instead, maybe at levels 5 and 10 respectively. Other than that, the class can pretty much stay as is.

Remove ads