• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deepwood Sniper

Nyeshet

First Post
As the others have said, it is in Masters of the Wild - a book rarely found these days, as it has not been in print for nearly ten years, I think.

However, there can be found online a NWN prestige class for archers. It was based upon the Peerless Archer as I recall, but modified to fit in the PC game.

If not usable, it may give you some ideas for how you may wish to create your own archer prestige class. Personally, I think it needs more 'Bonus Archer Feats' - using feats from the PHB2 - and less 'Ranged Sneak Attack'. On the other hand, you can use Craft to make up to +5 arrows by the end of the class.

The PrC can be taken at 11th level for Rogues and at 8th level for Fighters and Rangers, considering its pre-reqs. It doesn't say whether the Ranged Sneak Attack [RSA] stacks with the normal sneak attack. It is very damage heavy, but as this is ranged I tend to think that its HD should be reduced to d8 and its skill points increased to 4+int. I also think that players should have the option of trading out RSA for archery feats from PHB2, but that is just my view on the subject. By not having a readily means of accessing those feats in number it weakens the concept a bit, I think.

Also, I tend to think the Power Shot could be overpowered - if it weren't for the (terrible) decrease in attack required to make heavy use of it. Power Shot of up to +15 sounds great - until you realize that you will have to sacrifice your total BAB to make use of it (you gain the +15/-15 version of it at 8th level - about 18th level for Rog/PA and about 15th level for Ftr or Rng / Peerless Archers). Such shots have almost no chance of hitting except at minor archery shows or against very minor minions, considering the level of the PC's likely foes.

In any case, if you decide you don't want to use this or that you wish to create your own Archery PrC and want some more advice, just post here and those that answer can help you build it, especially once we know more about what you want from such a PrC.

Are you looking for a high damage PrC (peerless archer certainly is that, I admit, although a bit oddly built and perhaps somewhat over the top)? Or a high accuracy / assassin type PrC (more save vs abiltiy dmg, death, stunning, etc rather than pure hp damage)? Or maybe just a scouting type that happens to be skilled with ranged weaponry (slingshots, bows, xbows, etc)? Such a one might have higher skill selection than a more combat oriented archer.

In any case, hopefully I've helped you out a bit. And as I said, those on this forum can always help you build a PrC to match what you are looking for if PA does not work for you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads