• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Delta Green Review

Odhanan

Adventurer
I hate to ask again, but: do we know when it's officially coming out and through which channels we'll be able to (pre-)order it?

EditorBFG

Explorer
thedungeondelver said:
Normally I'd be "Yay reprint, but boo d20!" but if that's the price of getting a reprint out, then carry on, Chaosium.
Actually, Chaosium just licenses CoC to the guys who do Delta Green. Chaosium wouldn't be doing d20 stats in anything; they worked very hard to drop the d20 ball on purpose, as part of their vow of poverty.

galaga88

Explorer
I feel sort of bad for anybody looking to run a Delta Green d20 campaign. I got the Call of Cthulhu d20 book when it came out, but it's going to be pretty hard to pick up nowadays isn't it?

I haven't used d20 modern, so I don't know if it'd work as a suitable substitute. Call of Cthulhu has always been about the stories and adventures to me, so as long as you find a system you like, it should work fine. If I had the time, I'd convert my upcoming DG campaign to GURPS.

Anyways, to be helpful to any potential DG GMs, there's also Delta Green: Countdown (Which isn't in print, but still in stock in many online shops) which is an even huger sourcebook you'll want to pick up. No d20 stats, but it'd not be hard to convert (especially since most of the material is fluff).

Secondly, there's a compilation of the long out of print Delta Green chapbooks being released this year. http://web.mac.com/drgonzo/iWeb/Site/DGEO.html I didn't have the privilege of having those when originally issued, but more Delta Green can only be good.

If you really get into Delta Green, looking at some generic Call of Cthulhu Now! adventures, such as Unseen Masters and The Stars are Right. Many of them work wonderfully as DG adventures.

EditorBFG

Explorer
galaga88 said:
I got the Call of Cthulhu d20 book when it came out, but it's going to be pretty hard to pick up nowadays isn't it?

I haven't used d20 modern, so I don't know if it'd work as a suitable substitute.
Actually, it works fine. All you need are the CoC sanity rules, which are available for free here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm since WotC released them as Open Game Content. Add those to d20 Modern and you basically have CoC d20.

(Spells are a little different, but not a huge factor in most DG games.)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And I am puttering away at converting it to Spycraft 2.0. Still don't have the D20 version of DG yet, but chugging away with the old paperback Delta Green first printing that I have had since the beginning. :)

DG and SC fit together surprisingly well. SC 2 is designed to be tweaked, and most of the tweaks I want are right in the book.

The Auld Grump

talien

Community Supporter
I've got the opposite problem. I'm gearing up a conspiracy game with the heroes working for Majestic-12 (at least, that's how it starts) using Black Ops, Conspiracy X, and Warehouse 23 GURPS supplements. I have Delta Green: Countdown but for the life of me I can't get my hands on any version of the core Delta Green book. Although perhaps that's for the best, since they won't get into the second layer of the conspiracy for awhile anyway.

Gonna have to buy the chapbook compliation too.

Darn it all, can't we even preorder this stuff online? There are no less than two web sites indicating they will eventually have Delta Green d20 in stock, but you can't actually order it on either site.

Grrrr.

P.S. My campaign was originally going to be based on Project Rainbow. DG:EO couldn't be more perfect!

Psion

Adventurer
Not unexpected, but it's too bad it uses D20 CoC chargen... one of the weakest and most overestimated iterations of d20 AFAIAC.

TheAuldGrump said:
And I am puttering away at converting it to Spycraft 2.0.

Now you're talking.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads