• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demi-Humans in Theah? (Swashbuckling Adventures/7th Sea)

danbala

Explorer
I just picked up the Swashbuckling Adventures book (the d20 implementation of 7th sea) and I have a question for all you 7th Sea players: what presence, if any, do demi humans and monsters have in the setting?

I noticed references to "Sidhe" which suggest that they have substantial interaction with humans on Avalon. Are there dwarves in Eisen? Are there orclike raiders anywhere? How about monsters? Undead?

Also, the setting says that magic is virtually unknown in Theah but then they include a "witch" class that casts spells. How rare is magic?

Thanks in advance.

nameless

First Post
No demihumans, possibly some monsters. They leave the "monsters" as a campaign flavor thing, so the GM can choose whether or not he wants them. Eisen has Kobolds, but they are more like D&D hobgoblins than D&D kobolds. The Sidhe are around, but not really seen. One promnient Avalon NPC is a Sidhe with an iron hand, which strips him of all magic. Other than that, they aren't really seen very often and are feared due to their magic powers. On the whole, the players are intended to fight other people and not monsters. Due to this, very few monsters tend to be encountered.

As for sorcery, it is hereditary and usually only found in noble blood. There are 6 main types of magic, with a few rare ones found in splats (Castillian Fire magic and Eisen blight magic). Magic as a whole is very rare, but among the Heroes and Villains, much less rare.

-nameless

tetsujin28

First Post
There should be no demi-/non-human PCs at all. There are the Sidhe in Avalon, and there are monsters, which pop up in the source material now and then (the disease-causing worm in a swamp in Eisen comes to mind), but that's it. Non-humans are, other than the Sidhe, regarded as the enemy by canon 7th Sea supplements.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads