• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demon Disciple?

Warmduscher

First Post
Hi there, I'm a newbie DM to D&D and one of my players plays a tiefling rogue. Now he wants to become a full demon, along the lines of how a dragon disciple becomes a full dragon in the end. Now I have no idea what the prerequisites for something like that would look like. Could any of you more experienced guys here write up a prestige class that could make this possible, or point me to a thread where this was alread done?

Storyteller01

First Post
Green Ronin Pub. has a book called Societies of the Arcane (white and blue cover). In it is a PrC called the Green Steel Monk.

In essence, these monks seek enlightenment by following the disciplined path of lawful devils (evil enightenment??). It gives damage reduction, resistances, etc. It even provides some limited spellcasting abilities. One of it's unique abilities is the capacity to cast a spell while punching (the spell only effects the target, regardless of how the spell is originally designed). It counts as a free action (so you only get one spell per round).

The society involved also had the abilities to create cheaper magic items by convincing demons to inhabit a weapon for a certain amount of time. The effects were temporary (up to a year), but it gives you the ability to upgrade your weapon as your progress.

My two cents... :)

Warmduscher

First Post
Hmm, the Summoner of the skin looks promising, but I doubt that he wants to take 5 caster levels. About the Acolyte of the skin, what book is it in?

Mavnn

First Post
Tiefling
* +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
* Medium size.
* Darkvision out to 60 feet.
* Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.
* Racial Feats: A tiefling gains feats according to its class levels.
* Special Attacks (see above): Darkness.
* Special Qualities (see above): Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.

Demon
* Immunity to electricity and poison.
* Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
* Telepathy.
* Damage reduction 5/cold iron or good (or better)
* +5 (or more) Natural Armour

Well, comparing Tieflings and the 'basic' demon shared traits, the tiefling has most of them already.

If you're willing to use the 'Savage Progression' idea from the WoTC website, you could call it a template class.

Probably a three level 'class' would do the job, something like the below. It's not hugely interesting, but some flavour text should help there. If nothing else, I would think that the character would become more and more identifibly 'demonic' in appearance as the Natural Armour increases. You should probably specify that the character gains an Aura of Evil (regardless of actual alignment) at some point, either at 1st or second level if the PC isn't evil already. The spell resistance isn't hugely useful in some ways (it won't stop someone near the characters own power level very often), but it will help against the mooks: and hey, it might only be a 10% chance of stopping that disintegrate, but that 10% could make all the difference. Alternatively, it could probably be pushed up a bit without doing too much harm to balance.

Level 1:
Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 20 and fire 5 (totals)
Bonus to save vs. Poison +10
Telepathy (Range: Touch)
+1 Natural Armour
DR 5/Cold Iron or Good

Level 2:
Immunity to Poisons
Resistance to Acid 10, Cold 10, Electricity 30, Fire 10 (totals)
Telepathy Range 100ft
+3 Natural Armour (total)

Level 3
Immunity to Electricity and Poisons
+5 Natural Armour
Spell Resistance ECL +2

Seeten

First Post
Depending on what sort of demon, lets go with a Tiefling going to Succubus.

Prerequisites: Knowledge Arcana 4 ranks, Bluff 8 ranks, either spontaneous caster or with an infernal/abyssal heritage feat.

BAB: 3/4ths. SAVES: Fort: Poor, Reflex: Good, Will: Good
Skills: The Demon Disciple's class skills(and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Search (Int), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier

Level 1: Natural Armor Increase(+1)
Level 2: Ability Boost(Cha +2), Natural Weapons, Claws/Bite
Level 3: Energy Drain Kiss, DC = 10 + half HD + Cha Bonus
Level 4: Ability Boost(Int +2) Natural Armor Increase(+2)
Level 5: Immunity to Poison, Resist Electricity 10, Resist Fire 10, Resist Cold 10(replace existing Resistances)
Level 6: Ability Boost(Cha +2), Natural Armor Increase(+3)
Level 7: Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron, Resist Electricity 20
Level 8: Ability Boost(Con +2)
Level 9: Wings(30 ft, Average), Immunity to Electricity
Level 10: Demon Apotheosis(+4 Cha, +2 Int, +4 Natural Armor, Evil Subtype, Dr 10/Cold Iron or Good, Limited Version of Alter Self, humanoid only)

Thats how I'd break down the Succubus into a 10 level class.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads