• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demon Disciple?

Mavnn

First Post
A lot of those 10 levels you're not gaining very much at all - for example, lvl 1.

Unless the character is also gaining outsider hit dice each level - but that would seem a bit strong with the d8 hits, strong saves all round, and skill points coming out of the characters ears. I'd definately be taking it over normal rogue levels.

Is there something I've missed?

Seeten

First Post
Hit Dice are d10, Bab is 3/4ths, saves are poor fort, good ref good will 6 skill points per level and a large roguish skill list. Its not dippable, no, it sure isnt. But it is near identical to Dragon Disciple, with all flavor abilities changed to succubus abilities where appropriate.(and d12 reduced to d10)

If this were a Pit Lord, you'd get Dragon Disciple almost exactly, by the way. (and d12 hit dice)

Last edited:

Syndrome

First Post
Acolyte of the Skin does the whole 'turn into a fiend' thing over the course of 10 levels.

It can be found in Complete Arcane, page 19. :)

Warmduscher

First Post
Seeten said:
That is to say, thats what I'd do for Demon Disciple, not that anyone else has to. =)

The Succubus path looks promising. Maybe add a limited polymorph ability, so he can pass as a human. These wings are quite hard to hide otherwise. So what would the prerequisites for that look like?

Storyteller01

First Post
Another OGL source (love thise things!!). Mongoose's 'Enchanter' from their Encyclopeia Arcana' series has a spellcaster PrC that literally turns you into a succubus (abilities, movement, enhanced Cha, etc). The catch is that you have to make deals with Lower powers, the end of which includes collecting souls. Between 9th and 10th levels, you have to collect X souls in a given time. If you succeed, you gain the full metamorphosis. If you don't, ...well, the demonic repossession department is VERY successful.

Seeten

First Post
Warmduscher said:
The Succubus path looks promising. Maybe add a limited polymorph ability, so he can pass as a human. These wings are quite hard to hide otherwise. So what would the prerequisites for that look like?

I edited the post, to add in a limited version of Alter Self, usable to change into humanoids only, its part of demon apotheosis. You could, of course, change the level you get it, but I like it as part of the full succubus transform.

Prereqs:

Knowledge(Arcana) 3 ranks, Bluff 8 ranks, language: Abyssal(Infernal if doing an Erinyes variant)

If I had told my player ahead of time, I'd add the requirement of a bloodline feat, such as Demonic Heritage from Scarred Lands, or Awakened Ancestry from Aasimars and Tieflings from GRR.

Your player is a Tiefling, we already know this, I'd make him take some sort of feat related to his ancestry, OR make him take a level of a spontaneous casting class. I prefer the feat. Actually, the whole list of feats in Races of Reknown: Aasimars and Tieflings is great for this purpose.

Sigurd

First Post
Most demons have less freedom than players

For game logic you'd have to determine his parentage and see if he has many demons\forces intent on his service, servitude.

Being a liberated Demon with no invernal debts to pay would not be the worst fate for an evil character.

S

Remove ads