• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demon Hunters of Karameikos

johnsemlak

First Post
Prestel looks at Sydney with interest.

Are you knowledgeable of Demons? I am sworn to slay any such abomination invades my home forest.

Tell me more of these Jovocs.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Sydney repeats what he said earlier to Prestel.

[ooc: Its in the second post on page 2. Post number 27. :)]

Last edited:

driver8

First Post
Bellus steps forward; slightly taken aback by the events going on around him, he hesitates than speaks. "The Rugalov River runs straight north. It will take two days to reach Kova. If I understand this.. woman correctly, the narrows she speaks of are about a day upriver." Unsure of what to add,Bellus steps back near Dargo.

Griselda's face brightens at being addressed. After thinking for a moment, "Can't be certain how many. Me eyesight be weak, and Thog warned me of those beasts attack. He got me away to me broom and flew off I did. Aye, Thog be an ogre, raised him since he was a whelp. Not me pet mind ya, me guardian and friend."

Griselda pauses, twisting her wrists against her bonds."Listen, I still have baubles hidden away, things that would interest folk like ye-magic things. Help me get Thog back and have no doubt I'll repay ye." The old woman smiles her toothless grin.

Lord Lutescu listens to the discussion of the Jovac, his face pale. "These creatures sound most formidable. This knowledge does little I fear to lighten the dread I already feel. I am entirely speachless."

OOC: Attached is the map of Karameikos. Consider that you either have a map in your possession or access to one (scale is 8 miles to a hex)Kova is not on the map but is upriver from Rugalov, about where the word Rugalov R is on the map.

continue whatever discussion you wish.

Attachments

• grand-duchy-of-karameikos.gif
    grand-duchy-of-karameikos.gif
    169.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
"It would appear to be on the way. These gnolls, I know little of, I cannot think it would be a bad thing for us to cut our teeth on a mortal foe before taking on devils."

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

"I think it would be wise to visit the home of Griselda on the way North. In fact, if the gnolls are pirating river travel, we may have little choice. Whatever the past disagreements among the people of Karameikos, the encroachment of beastmen and demons is a threat to us all, and it would be best to work together. Griselda, do you know any more about these gnolls, or rumors of demons?"

Zerth

First Post
Janos

"Well spoken, Solomon. Getting rid of the gnolls is not only the right thing to do, but it is also likely beneficial to our mission."

Janos looks thoughtful and adds, "One more thing comes to my mind. The gnolls aren't necessarily in league with the demons. Maybe they were driven away by them."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Zerth said:
Janos looks thoughtful and adds, "One more thing comes to my mind. The gnolls aren't necessarily in league with the demons. Maybe they were driven away by them."

"Yes, I like that theory better than mine," he says with a smile.

Nibbles though seems to shrug.

driver8

First Post
Manzanita said:
"I think it would be wise to visit the home of Griselda on the way North. In fact, if the gnolls are pirating river travel, we may have little choice. Whatever the past disagreements among the people of Karameikos, the encroachment of beastmen and demons is a threat to us all, and it would be best to work together. Griselda, do you know any more about these gnolls, or rumors of demons?"

Griselda pauses, thinks, then shrugs, smiling."I know nothing of demons. Be there trouble? I admit I be knowing nothing of the gnolls either. Can't think as to why they be bothering me and Thog."

Griselda takes a step toward Solomon. "If you will, I be going with ye, on yer boat ye be talking about."

Captain Dargo motions to the guards and points to Griselda. "Unbind the woman. Griselda consider this a sign of our trust, if these Hunters wish to take you, that is their choice. You may stay in the village but we expect you to behave yourself."

At the commanders command, the guards cut the bonds fo the old woman to her obvious pleasure.

"As for you Hunters, " Dargo continues,"please rest for tomorrow. If you require anything else do not hesitate to ask. The Kestrel is docked on the east bank near the mouth of the river. Master Bellus shall have the boat prepared early in the morning."

Bellus nods."Aye, and I should be off to see after her." Bowing he exits the chamber, followed by Dargo and Piotr.

Lord Lutescu stands to leave. "May the Three bestow fortune upon your labors. I leave the rather disturbing study of these demons to your attention. Until the morning."

Now alone in the chamber with an unguarded Griselda, the Hunters have the rest of the day to prepare, make querys or retire and rest.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

OOC: If we can backtrack just briefly, Solomon did have a question for Lord Lutescu.

"Sir. The subject of our pay has not been discussed. While we are eager to repell any demons or gnolls who threaten our land, we also must make a living. And there are many who would pay for our services."

Virtually regardless of the reply, Solomon is ready to hit the river.

Remove ads