• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demon Knight Name Help

AslanC

Explorer
So in my Greyhawk campaign, the City of Greyhawk fell to the forces of Iuz, after he turned the Knight Commander of the Knights of Greyhawk, Raline Syn, to his evil ways, making him a Demon Knight ala Lord Soth, but not undead.

I also want him to have turned his 7 commanders to lesser Demon Knights that the PCs will have to defeat/liberate before they can face Syn and his undead dragon.

I want each to be memorable in their own way sort of like Apostles in Berserk, and here's what I have so far;

The Scorpion King who lead an orc army into the Bright Lands. claimed the Scoprion Crown and is now sort of like an Egyptian King I guess. I see him have scorpion/drider type guards, etc...

The Cold Bride, who was the wife of the one commander who escaped, she is now a cold-based undead/demoness. She will have cold based powers, as well as "white walker" type minions.

Beyond that I am sort of fishing for ideas. Like the Scorpion King, I don't mind if they are inspired by popular media/books.

So who has some ideas that they can pitch here?

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
There is an old dragon magazine about other death knights of Greyhawk. I think the leader was named Asragoth or something.

aco175

Legend
A google search of Greyhawk and death knights say this was Dragon #83 and his name is Kargoth. I even seen 5e stats making him a CR20. Did not look around for the whole article with the other knights, but I thought is was a more recent Dragon issue, like 3e timeframe.

Draegn

Explorer
How is this for you?

Lady Starflower a half elven beauty who appears gowned in armor of shimmering samite and mithril elven chain wielding a pale silvery sword and filigree shield that appears to be like delicate lace. She rides an ivory unicorn.

This is all an illusion to draw in the foolish and unwary.

While once beautiful her appearance is now of one covered in ashes from a crematorium. Her blade wreathed with the tortured souls of those she has slain. Her unicorn now hellish and gaunt whose horn and hooves are pomegranate red from the blood of those trampled and impaled.

She is accompanied by her war band of chariots. Cruelly scythed with great bone crushing wheels, driving by a mad whip cracking woman and two female archer hunters. Pulled not by beasts, but instead of harnessed eunuchs, those sad unfortunate males who could not give the Lady pleasure and earn a quick death.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lord Jollydeath, a loud, boisterous being who looks like a husky, ruddy-skinned human knight in medium armor. His beard is full, and chest length, almost forming a mane with his unruly head of hair. He thinks misery, suffering, and ultimately death are the most amusing of all cosmic jokes. So when he has to inflict such, his grin widens and his laughter can be heard for miles...

1z35fp.gif

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Shrike, a smallish, feathered demon possessed of uncanny speed. He prefers to impale his enemies, so favors piercing weapons, ranged or melee. He often showers foes with arrows, javelins or daggers from a distance, but he prefers finishing his foes off with a 6’ long thrusting spear made of reddish-black metal forged by some infernal smith...the last 3’ of it being almost shaped like the blade of a bastard sword, and etched with runes from an ancient lost language.

AslanC

Explorer
How is this for you?

Lady Starflower a half elven beauty who appears gowned in armor of shimmering samite and mithril elven chain wielding a pale silvery sword and filigree shield that appears to be like delicate lace. She rides an ivory unicorn.

This is all an illusion to draw in the foolish and unwary.

While once beautiful her appearance is now of one covered in ashes from a crematorium. Her blade wreathed with the tortured souls of those she has slain. Her unicorn now hellish and gaunt whose horn and hooves are pomegranate red from the blood of those trampled and impaled.

She is accompanied by her war band of chariots. Cruelly scythed with great bone crushing wheels, driving by a mad whip cracking woman and two female archer hunters. Pulled not by beasts, but instead of harnessed eunuchs, those sad unfortunate males who could not give the Lady pleasure and earn a quick death.

WOW! Now THIS is cooking with heat!

Love it, might tweak it a bit, but HELLS YEAH!

The Shrike, a smallish, feathered demon possessed of uncanny speed. He prefers to impale his enemies, so favors piercing weapons, ranged or melee. He often showers foes with arrows, javelins or daggers from a distance, but he prefers finishing his foes off with a 6’ long thrusting spear made of reddish-black metal forged by some infernal smith...the last 3’ of it being almost shaped like the blade of a bastard sword, and etched with runes from an ancient lost language.

I love both, but this one really spoke to me!

Thanks guys!

More please?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The unholy offspring of a demon and an air elemental, Bloodwind is usually one of the more subtle infernal beings. Its elemental heritage has made it fast but physically frail, relatively speaking, which enrages its demonic half. This weakness dictates its tactics. Bloodwind favors espionage and sabotage. It most commonly manifests- just barely- as a nearly invisible humanoid form with eight wings...juuuust at the corner of your vision.

But when roused to engage in combat, it uses its wings to generate powerful vortices of air which kick up debris which are both protection and weapon. Some is thrown by the winds at its foes with great force, simultaneously pummeling and scourging its targets. Other projectiles orbit Bloodwind as a swirling barricade. Where sutaible materials are not freely available, it uses shards of glass, metal and stone that it carries on its person in magical bags. And when those are exhausted, it will prefer to flee, clawing those foes that prevent it from doing so.

Remove ads