• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demon Queens Enclave - Session Reports

WalterKovacs

First Post
I've gone through all the modules up to this one, but unfortunately, only went a small ways into the module before the campaign his a dead end, mostly due to players no longer showing up.

Still, the fights were a bit more difficult than they were in the previous module. The last encounter ended with the rogue getting it's brain eaten by a mindflayer. A monster having the ability to kill a PC without needing to hit the PC while it's unconcious is particularly nasty, and I believe that, in the modules, the mindflayer may be the first monster that can kill a PC as soon as it hits 0HP, so that is something to keep an eye on.

Skywalker

Adventurer
How the hell did you do that?

I haven't achieved 6 encounters in 3 hours (we use minis and have 5 PCs), but I average 1 encounter every 45 to 50 minutes. This is even the case with complete newbies to the system.

You achieve it by acting fast on your turn and knowing what your options are.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
For those still interested in these things, we're currently about halfway through DQE. Session reports linked below:

Part 1: In which our heroes enter the underdark
Part 2: In which our heroes discover the Enclave
Part 3: In which our heroes interact with their first NPC
Part 4: In which our heroes discover the joys of intrigue
Part 5: In which our heroes make another ally
Part 6: In which our heroes meet some tough opponents

Several of the sessions have been quite short (2-1/2 hours or so) due to other commitments, so we've been going slower than we might have otherwise gone. However, we're enjoying this adventure greatly.

Cheers!

Remove ads