• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonic Lore

Clueless

Webmonkey
What do we know about the demon lord Alzrius? (other than his namesake here ;) It's relevant to some work on planewalker re: Ortho)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Clueless said:
What do we know about the demon lord Alzrius? (other than his namesake here ;) It's relevant to some work on planewalker re: Ortho)

I am one of the most mysterious and hidden of Abyssal Lords, with only my name whispered in fear. No mortals dare to define me with mere stats! :]

Seriously though, not much. He's the Lord of the Flowing Flame, and rules layer 601, Conflagratum. His physical form is actually a large pillar of flame, and when his armies go on a campaign, the leader of the armies carries a piece of Alzrius's body as a torch.

He had a magic item, the flame amulet of Alzrius, in Polyhedron #135 (written by Erik Mona). Also, while not explicitly stated to be his, one of the armors from the article "Armor of the Abyssal Lords" (Dragon #270) is likely his, as it has a flame theme, and the article says no one knows which lord that armor is attributed to.

Silver_Shulad

First Post
Sorry just had a question..

True names and Demons, uttering their true name, what does this mean, and are there any sources on it..

What kind of power do you hold over it? is this only in the prime and for summoning, or speaking it in their native plane give any bennies?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
here is a thought: what do the designers think about returning a Psionics option to demons? back in the 1E days, most of the archdemons, as well as the succubus, hezrou, glabrezu, nalfeshnee, marilith, balor, alu-fiends (on an individual basis), and babau all had access to psionic powers.

might be useful for those who run psionic-based campaigns to have a sidebar or a few paragraphs providing some optional rules. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
a response, as ill-timed as it is:

"Thanks for asking but sorry, I think he was mostly a throwaway.

I'd dig through my notes from the period, but I'm moving house and
everything's in storage. Ask again in July.

Wolfgang Baur"

someone remind me to ask again 8 months from now, because i know i won't remember. ;)

oh well, i guess it's too late to ask Wolf about Volisupula now... ;)

Ripzerai

Explorer
Heads up on a new demon prince - Chernovog, who is worshipped by hags and witches in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. I don't see a formal declaration of his areas of interest, but his aspect has warlock invocations.

Shaggman

First Post
New Person to Forum with Questions about Eltab the Demon Prince

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a link, or could post, the profile for Eltab. I am currently in a campaign where our DM likes to throw Demons at us and he mentioned Eltab. He told us that we are no where close to taking on a Demon Prince. I'd like to see what Eltab is all about :eek:.

I am rolling a 21st lvl Stone Giant Monarch (class created using an aristocrat with some other cool class skills), and my companions are rolling a 20 lvl vampire Darklord (think of a sith lord) and a 26 lvl Red Dragon. We also have a 24th lvl Stone Giant Priest of Skoriaus (think of a Priest of Pelor with the same healing and stone and elemental skills rather than the undead scourge), a 23rd lvl Stone Giant ranger (the sneakiest Stone Giant around), and a Pyromaniac Human who is a 15th lvl mage and priest, all as NPC's. If this group can't take on Eltab I'd like to see what the Prince is all about :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads