• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demonomicon: Jubilex

Obryn

Hero

Aegeri

First Post
Really classy article. More of this is needed. This is an A+ effort from Dungeon (for once).

Plus it actually did come out this week. Rejoice!

Mentat55

First Post
Much love for Juiblex, and for this article. I love the two powers that recharge when the other is used. The story of Juiblex is great, a nice reimagining that fits the 4e cosmology really well and still keeps the Faceless Lord's history in the game intact.

As Obryn notes, this kind of article can be the seed for a solid chunk of a campaign. Whether demon lord, archfey, primordial, god, or Far Realm monstrosity, Dungeon needs more articles like this.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Great article and - surprise, surprise - TWO pieces of art!

I had assumed the article had been held over. Was it published on Friday or Saturday morning? It had dropped off the content calendar so I had assumed that we would be seeing it next week.

mattcolville

Adventurer
I would have liked a version/aspect to fight at lower levels, maybe like 16. But once it's in the monster builder I can do what I want with it. Muahaha!

Mentat55

First Post
I would have liked a version/aspect to fight at lower levels, maybe like 16. But once it's in the monster builder I can do what I want with it. Muahaha!

There is a template to create an aspect of Juiblex out of any ooze that Juiblex temporarily "inhabits". That means you can have an elite ooze aspect at practically any level.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Great article and - surprise, surprise - TWO pieces of art!

I had assumed the article had been held over. Was it published on Friday or Saturday morning? It had dropped off the content calendar so I had assumed that we would be seeing it next week.
Looks like Friday evening. I've seen this happen a bunch of times now, and they don't always update the calendar with new articles until the following day, so now I have to check there and on the main D&D page, and do so a couple times per day if I want to read something same-day.

I miss the days when the content calendar actually meant something, both in the sense that it contained a decent amount of content, and in that it was a schedule that they actually adhered to.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads