Demons/daemons/devils, New/Converted

Pants

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Aw... but I liked the paerlyrion. I do really like the "palyrizion", though. But if I were to run a Hell-oriented game, the two would probably be coexistent, not one replacing the other- perhaps as a male/female split of one species of devil, or rivals to the same position in infernal society.

Demiurge out.
I did as well, but it was just a little too comical at times. :p
Plus, nearly everyone else I've talked to hated it, so I thought I'd just make up a new one.
Maybe I'll do a direct conversion of the paelyrion sometime...

Pants

First Post
Here's something new...
NETHERFIEND
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Netherfiend)
Hit Dice: 14d8+98 (161 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 29 (-1 size, +6 Dex, +14 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+27
Attack: Claw +23 melee (1d12+9 plus 2d6 unholy plus gray wasting)
Full Attack: 2 claws +23 melee (1d12+9 plus 2d6 unholy plus gray wasting) and bite +20 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Cackle, chilling darkness, spell-like abilities, unholy claws
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunities, immunity to cold and poison, magic circle against good, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10 and sonic 10, see in darkness, spell resistance 27
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +15, Will +13
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 23, Con 25, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +22, Climb +26, Concentration +24, Diplomacy +26, Intimidate +24, Knowledge (the planes) +21, Listen +21, Search +21, Spellcraft +21 (+23 to decipher scrolls), Spot +21, Survival +21 (+23 when following tracks and on other planes), Use Magic Device +22 (+24 checks involving scrolls)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (claw)
Environment: Gray Waste of Hades
Organization: Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 15
Treasure: Standard coins
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 15-28 HD (Large); 16-42 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: –

Towering over you is an immense creature, with smooth, obsidian skin, long arms ending in three-fingered claws, two curved tusks sprouting from its wide mouth, and a pair of glowing, purple eyes beneath a large ridged brow. It moves with an almost delicate grace despite its size, yet most unsettling of all is the sadistic, white grin on its fiendish face.

The netherfiends are quite possibly the most purely evil beings in the Multiverse, rivaling even the yugoloths in that regard. They care nothing for stratified society, caste systems, or orders of power, they care only for the spreading of evil throughout the various planes. They represent pure evil untainted by the wiles of chaos and law rather than a perfect balance of chaos and law. They are unrelenting, malevolent, and above all, intelligent and massively cunning.
Netherfiends stand about 12 feet tall and weigh 1,000 pounds.

COMBAT
Netherfiends are extremely capable opponents and horribly violent. They attack near anything that trespasses in their territory, but they especially love to feast on the remains of dead yugoloths. Yugoloths, in turn, often have netherfiend hunting parties wherein an ultroloth (usually mounted on the back of a slasrath), a couple of nycaloths, and some mezzoloths take it upon themselves to hunt a particularly annoying netherfiend. This hunt usually lasts weeks (or months even) as the netherfiend and his netherhounds lead the yugoloths on wild chases through dead-end chasms, wilting forests, and other depressing features of the Gray Waste.
A netherfiends’ natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Cackle (Su): Three times per day, once every 1d4 rounds, the netherfiend can release a bout of maddening laughter as a free action. The laughter duplicates the effects of a blasphemy spell (Will save DC 22). The save DC is Charisma based.
Chilling Darkness (Su): At will, the netherfiend can surround itself in a circle of impenetrable darkness as a standard action. This darkness is similar to that created by a darkness spell. Anyone who enters the darkness takes 2d6 points of cold damage. The chilling darkness moves with the netherfiend and it can end the effect as a free action on its turn.
Gray Wasting (Su): Disease – claw, Fortitude DC 24, incubation period 1 hour, damage 1d4 Cha drain. The save DC is Constitution based.
Immunities: Netherfiends are immune to the Gray Wasting disease that often afflicts travelers of the Waste.
See in Darkness (Su): A netherfiend can see perfectly in any sort of darkness, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – deeper darkness, dimension door, persistent image (DC 20), unholy blight (DC 19); 3/day – mind fog (DC 20); 1/day – dispel good (DC 20), waves of exhaustion. Caster level 14th. The save DC’s are Charisma based.
Unholy Claws (Su): A netherfiend can sheathe its claws in pure, malevolent power at will as a free action. Its claws deal an extra 2d6 points of unholy damage against nonevil creatures. When the netherfiend’s unholy claws are activated, strands of dark, indigo fire seem to writhe around its claws.
Magic Circle Against Good (Su): A netherfiend is constantly surrounded with a magic circle against good effect, as per the spell (caster level 14th).

Last edited:

Pants

First Post
Just to let everyone know, the Demon Revisions .doc file is available for download. It has the maurezhi demon in it, which I haven't posted to here because it has some big tables in it that would be very difficult to reproduce.

Also, the Gehreleth and Yugoloth .docs have both been updated.
The yugoloth doc has been updated to include the Cacoloth and the Psionoloth.
The gehreleth doc has been updated because of some rules inconsistencies (most notably on the shator) that slipped through the editing department.

There will be a revised devils doc released once I'm done with them, along with a revised celestials and revised rilmani, but those are both on hiatus. I've got some actual original stuff in mind! ;)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Here's the link http://www.geocities.com/paranoidus_maximus/conversions.html

And yes demi, I am working on that one next. :)

Last edited:

Pants

First Post
GUARDIAN YUGOLOTHS
The guardian yugoloths were created by the true yugoloths. No yugoloth wants to be called from its business by some upstart, petty mortal, so they created the guardian yugoloths to serve as planar summoning stock. The guardian yugoloths possess none of the plethora of abilities common to the true yugoloths, but neither are they explicitly evil. Neutral guardians are highly common, although the more powerful guardian yugoloths seem more disposed towards evil.

Guardian yugoloths can be encountered anywhere, although their plane of origin is Gehenna. Most are found in the abodes of mortal wizards, but others can be found on other planes serving other yugoloths, demons, or devils.

GUARDIAN YUGOLOTH, LEAST
Medium Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 5d8+20 (42 hp)
Initiative: +6
Armor Class: 17 (+2 Dex, +5 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+3) and 2 claws +2 melee (1d4+1) and horn gore +2 melee (1d8+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, powerful charge 2d6+4
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/magic, darkvision 60 ft., immunities, low-light vision, scent, spell resistance 15
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +9, Diplomacy +13, Hide +10, Intimidate +11, Listen +11, Move Silently +10, Sense Motive +13, Spot +11
Feats: Improved Initiative, Power Attack
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None except guarded treasure (usually an item of 4,000 gp or less)
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 6-10 HD (Medium); 11-15 HD (Large)

This strange creature resembles something like a bipedal, horned toad. Its skin is covered in dull, hardened scales and its long arms end in large talons.

Most least guardian yugoloths tend toward neutrality rather than evil and most have varying forms, although the seemingly most common form is that of a human-sized, horned toad. Other forms are also possible.
Least guardian yugoloths (usually) stand about 6 feet tall and weigh 260 pounds.

COMBAT
Least guardian yugoloths are usually relegated to guard duty of some sort. Least guardians usually guard potent treasures or items, but nothing extravagant. They attend to their duties with a fierce devotion despite their fiendish origins.
A least yugoloth guardian’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Breath Weapon (Su): A least guardian can unleash a 30 ft. cone of energy once every 2d4 rounds. The energy type varies, roll a 1d4 (1 acid, 2 cold, 3 fire, or 4 electricity). Once the energy type is chosen, it cannot be changed. The breath weapon deals 3d6 points of damage and those caught in the cone can attempt a Reflex save (DC 16) for half damage. The save DC is Constitution based.
Immunities: Least yugoloth guardians are immune to poison, spells that change or alter its shape (polymorph), mind-affecting spells and effects, paralysis, and the same energy type as its breath weapon.
Powerful Charge (Ex): A least yugoloth typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the creature to make a single horn gore attack with a +7 attack bonus that deals 2d6+4 points of damage.
Skills: Least guardian yugoloths have a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

GUARDIAN YUGOLOTH, LESSER
Medium Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 8d8+40 (76 hp)
Initiative: +7
Armor Class: 20 (+3 Dex, +7 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+13
Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d8+5)
Full Attack: Bite +13 melee (1d8+5) and 2 claws +11 melee (1d4+2) and horn gore +11 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, powerful charge 3d6+7
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60 ft., immunities, low-light vision, scent, spell resistance 18
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 17, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +13, Diplomacy +17, Hide +14, Jump +16, Intimidate +15, Listen +18, Move Silently +14, Sense Motive +20, Spot +18, Swim +16
Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: None except guarded treasure (usually an item of 10,000 gp or less)
Alignment: Usually neutral (with evil tendencies)
Advancement: 8-16 HD (Medium); 17-24 HD (Large)

Standing before is a grotesque, bipedal boar. Sharp, curved horns jut from its head and instead of hands, it bears a pair of talons.

Lesser guardians are usually neutral, but a few have a sadistic, evil streak. No one is sure why the least guardians are almost entirely free of the taint of evil, but some speculate that it may just be an effect of their creation at the hands of the yugoloths. Others speculate that the yugoloths made them this way intentionally.
Lesser guardians stand about 6 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds.

COMBAT
Lesser guardian yugoloths usually guard single items of great wealth, though they may guard small hoards of treasure. They also possess the same fierce devotion that seems to run through the veins of the least guardians.
A lesser yugoloth guardian’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. An evil lesser guardians’ natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned and magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Breath Weapon (Su): A lesser guardian can unleash a 40 ft. cone of energy once every 2d4 rounds. The energy type varies, roll a 1d4 (1 acid, 2 cold, 3 fire, or 4 electricity). Once the energy type is chosen, it cannot be changed. The breath weapon deals 5d6 points of damage and those caught in the cone can attempt a Reflex save (DC 19) for half damage. The save DC is Constitution based.
Immunities: Lesser yugoloth guardians are immune to poison, spells that change or alter its shape (polymorph), mind-affecting spells and effects, paralysis, and the same energy type as its breath weapon.
Powerful Charge (Ex): A lesser yugoloth typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the creature to make a single horn gore attack with a +13 attack bonus that deals 3d6+7 points of damage.
Skills: Lesser guardian yugoloths have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

GUARDIAN YUGOLOTH, GREATER
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 12d8+72 (126 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 40 ft. (6 squares), fly 80 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 25 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +12 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +12/+23
Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+7)
Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+7) and 2 claws +16 melee (1d6+3) and 2 wing slashes +16 melee (1d4+3) and horn gore +16 melee (2d6+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, improved grab, powerful charge 3d8+10, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunities, low-light vision, scent, spell resistance 23
Saves: Fort +14, Ref +12, Will +12
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 19, Con 23, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 16
Skills: Bluff +18, Concentration +21, Diplomacy +22, Hide +19, Jump +22, Intimidate +26, Listen +25, Move Silently +19, Sense Motive +21, Spot +25, Swim +22
Feats: Cleave, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (suggestion), Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None except guarded treasure (usually an item of 15,000 gp or more)
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 9-16 HD (Medium); 17-27 HD (Large)

This strange creature has the body of a bear and the talons of an eagle. Two furred wings jut from its back and a pair of curved rams horns sit upon its head. Its eyes glow a feral red and saliva drips from its massive canines.

The greater guardian yugoloths are the most powerful, and thankfully, the rarest of their kind. They are also the most thoroughly evil and seek to bend the words of their mortal masters against them. They serve only as long as doing so would benefit themselves, although particularly powerful individuals have been known to cow the guardians into servitude.
Greater guardian yugoloths stand about 9 feet tall and weigh 800 pounds.

COMBAT
Greater guardian yugoloths are usually found guarding only the most expensive of items. Despite their generally evil dispositions, they will never steal or destroy the item they are made to guard. They generally try to lure unsuspecting mortals close with their suggestion ability before letting loose with their breath weapon.
A greater yugoloth guardian’s natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Breath Weapon (Su): A greater guardian yugoloth can unleash either a 60 ft. cone or a 100 ft. line of energy once every 2d4 rounds. The energy type varies, roll a 1d4 (1 acid, 2 cold, 3 fire, or 4 electricity). Once the energy type is chosen, it cannot be changed. The breath weapon deals 8d6 points of damage and those caught in the cone can attempt a Reflex save (DC 22) for half damage. The save DC is Constitution based.
Immunities: Greater yugoloth guardians are immune to poison, spells that change or alter its shape (polymorph), mind-affecting spells and effects, paralysis, the same energy type as its breath weapon and an additional energy type chosen randomly (1 acid, 2 fire, 3 cold, or 4 electricity). If you roll the same energy type as its breath weapon, then roll again. Once the energy type is chosen it cannot be changed.
Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a greater guardian must hit a Large or smaller creature with its claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
Powerful Charge (Ex): A greater guardian yugoloth typically begins a battle by charging at an opponent, lowering its head to bring its mighty horns into play. In addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows the creature to make a single horn gore attack with a +18 attack bonus that deals 3d8+10 points of damage.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will – suggestion (DC 16); 1/day – symbol of fear (DC 19). Caster level 14th. The save DC is Charisma based.
Skills: Greater guardian yugoloths have a +6 racial bonus on Intimidate, Listen, and Spot checks.

These will all be added to the Yugoloth .doc at some point and then reposted up.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Very nice. I do have a bit of a nit-pick, though... since they're extraplanar, shouldn't you include their home plane? Also, since they don't breathe water, even if you decided to leave the plane vague, "any land and underground" would be better than "any".

Demiurge out.

Pants

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Very nice. I do have a bit of a nit-pick, though... since they're extraplanar, shouldn't you include their home plane? Also, since they don't breathe water, even if you decided to leave the plane vague, "any land and underground" would be better than "any".

Demiurge out.
I left the home plane out because they'd most be encountered serving Wizards on the prime as opposed to being encountered on Gehenna or Hades, but Any land and Underground would work better.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
the reason for including their home plane is not because of where you would find them the most. it is for the purpose of determining effects that deal with what plane you are native to. most non-outsiders and non-elementals have the material plane as their home plane, and are thus Native; a demon has the Abyss as its Native plane regarless of how much time it spends elsewhere. if you banish a demon to its home plane, it goes to the Abyss. if a human wizard travels to the Abyss and a demon banishes him, he returns to the material plane. get it? :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Ok, jumping in late with a post, but I have been following this thread.

Great work pants. The conversions are way cool, even though I may have limited chance to try them. The ones from BoVD are especially important to me as I love that book, but yes, most outsiders needed more HD for 3.5 to allow them to stick around long enough to use their abilities. :)

That said, I really enjoy your extra notes on why you converted them. Whilst I won't request as much detail as Olive, i too find it extremely helpful when you can quote where the monster is being converted from. Just simply stating the title is good, then we can seek out pics etc...and know if your version is a updated from old eds, 3.0-3.5 conversion or just another take on the 3.5 version.

I noticed you did this with some...great help. Pants, you truly are the master of fiends :)

Connors

Aesmael

Explorer
Again, just posting my appreciation for your work. I had intended to wait until you were finished. But it seems like you keep adding more for yourself to do. So.

May players throughout the world fear the name of Pants for years to come.

Remove ads