• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deployed Military Gamers - Find your D&D Game Day Location at militarydnd.com!

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
Boy, was this thread buried! I gave up after Page 15, and started a new one!

The launch of 4th Edition D&D and the Worldwide D&D Game Day on June 7th is just a little over a month away, and thanks to Wizards of the Coast, deployed military gamers can play too, even if there are no FLGS in Kandahar or Baghdad!

Reaper Steve, myself, and our sponsors and volunteers have been busy:

• Last week, Wizards mailed Game Kits to Afghanistan (Reaper Steve) and Iraq (myself.)
  • We have set up a website with forums at militarydnd.com to help coordinate game tables.
  • Volunteers will run tables in Kandahar, Kosovo, Baghdad (multiple locations), Basra, and Kuwait,

but we would like to send a package to any deployed military game table that we can.

We still need volunteers- we haven't heard from anybody in Qatar (that's "Gutter," not "Kuh-Tar," folks,) or Djibouti, for instance. But hurry- if you want to get a game set up in time for June 7th, you need to sign up by May 25th!!!

To see overseas military locations hosting Worldwide D&D Game Day tables, or if you'd like to volunteer to run one, check out http://www.militarydnd.com. Check out the Contacts tab, or go to the forums and introduce yourself (location, DM/player, love/hate for 4e, etc.)

You can also e-mail Reaper Steve and I at admin@militarydnd.com.

Tell your fellow gamer geeks in the military and help us to pass the word! Time is running shorter than you think!

-Colin

Toj

First Post
I would have jumped all over this for Balad Iraq, but I am leaving in about 3 weeks (wooohoo).

I've been grateful that I can access ENWORLD from the Balad network and read up on 4th edition; it's helped me pass the time.

I'll be moving to Ames Iowa when I get back and I'm hoping to find some new gamers; I've missed getting my roleplaying on...

Remove ads