Descent and D&D

JEL

First Post
I know Hasbro has the Hero Quest rules up for download on their website. Are the Warhammer Quest rules similarly available somewhere?

Harm

Banned
Banned
After trying a few FFGs I'm not buying their :):):):) again. A lot of people in the thread have said the games take long, we found that it did take a while the first few times but once we got into it it's quite quick, but thats because the game is so badly flawed. Either the overlord kills the players off in the first room or two, or the players get their 2nd chest and then steamroll over everything else in a complete bloodbath comparable to an epic party raiding a hospital for sick kobald children. Not the worst game I've ever played, but thats only because I've played other FFG games. Poorly written rules, complexity for complexity sake, overabundant counters, chits, tokens and the like, and poorly balanced in every single aspect. *shudder* I can't believe this company is still in buisness.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Harm said:
After trying a few FFGs I'm not buying their :):):):) again. A lot of people in the thread have said the games take long, we found that it did take a while the first few times but once we got into it it's quite quick, but thats because the game is so badly flawed. Either the overlord kills the players off in the first room or two, or the players get their 2nd chest and then steamroll over everything else in a complete bloodbath comparable to an epic party raiding a hospital for sick kobald children. Not the worst game I've ever played, but thats only because I've played other FFG games. Poorly written rules, complexity for complexity sake, overabundant counters, chits, tokens and the like, and poorly balanced in every single aspect. *shudder* I can't believe this company is still in buisness.

Some people like games like that. :)

Actually, FFG also publish a set of imported games - like War of the Ring - which are absolutely excellent.

Cheers!

Imperialus

Explorer
I still have all my Hero Quest stuff complete with dog eared treasure cards and childishly painted miniatures. My friends and I even made an "Advanced Hero Quest" of our own with more monsters, different adventures, new treasure cards ect.

Remove ads