Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Pick five, ouch:

1. 3.5e Player's Handbook
2. Vampire the Masquerade Revised
3. Transhuman Space
4. Ars Magica
5. Call of Cthulhu the Anniversary Edition

And given the book choices I would pick you Chris Pramas, then I could substitute #5 for Hero 5th Edition, the even bigger black book (since I figure you or Kenson have Mutants and Masterminds memorized).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) HERO 5Ed Revised. HERO 6th has some improvements, but not enough for me to sacrifice 2 books on this list- 5th was a single-book RPG, 6Ed is spread over 3.

2) Pathfinder. 3.5 is my 3rd favorite system, and I need to have some version of it on this list. Although there are things about 3.5 I prefer, Pathfinder is close enough and it includes close cousins of some of my preferred HRs. Thus, it edges out the original 3.5 book, Arcana Evolved, and Midnight 2Ed...the latter 2 also have excellent variations within them, but Pathfinder has more.

3) Space 1889

4) Deadlands

5) RIFTS.

The first 2 books let me run almost anything I want in some version of my favorite systems. The last 3 are among my favorite settings.

M&M 2Ed, as my second favorite system, is not on the list because it is similar enough to HERO- I don't need TWO "toolbox" systems on a desert island.

Last edited:

Remove ads