• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Desert of Desolation Covert to 5e

cooperjer

Explorer
I'm working on bringing Desert of Desolation into the 5e rules. In particular this will be used in the Kobold Press Southlands campaign setting. I've read through the first adventure, Pharaoh, and identified that the pyramid dungeon is the main attraction, with the djinni as a side quest. I'm about 1/4 the way through Oasis of the White Palm and seeing a weird mix of political movement.

Is there anything about this adventure, other than the intro and patriarchy written into the text, that needs to be fixed to help it fit a 5e game?

Valdier

Explorer
Nothing needs to be fixed for it to fit into 5e. Patriarchies are a real part of some fantasy territories and don't need to be changed as written. If the PC's want to actively work to change that, awesome, let them. Matriarchies can also exist (see all drow culture).

Secondly, if you own the modules, look at DM's guild because all the 5e conversion work has already been done and it's cheap to buy.

Remove ads