• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Desert of Desolation Gallery is up!!

jeffh

Adventurer
Call me weird, but I'd expect the Desert of Desolation set to revolve around the more memorable creatures from the Desert of Desolation modules. I'd expect to see dervishes, genies, and perhaps a sphinx or two, for example. But there's none to be seen - in fact, only a tiny minority of these creatures are even in the Desert of Desolation modules.

Ant said:
The good (cube, ogre, nightmare, umber hulk) are very, very good and the bad (the yaun-ti, ettercap, most of the "PC" minis, the manticore) are horrid.

The horsie is nice, though ...

But I bet you're still getting 3 cases though! :lol:

Personally, as someone who only started collecting a year ago, the fact that there are quite a few resculpts is nice. Only 1 Dragon in this set though. I imagine that there will be at least 2, if not 3 in the next set (which will be the first set for D&D Minis 2.0). The Large Green is already a definite and I'm betting at least another large evil Dragon will be in the set. I'm hoping for a Large Red, but I doubt it.

Olaf the Stout

MarkB

Legend
Olaf the Stout said:
At least they're a Common.

Olaf the Stout
Even so - a swarm is a creature that occupies four contiguous squares. If you only have one of those figures, you don't have a swarm, you have a quarter of a swarm. If they're going to call it a swarm, they need to provide four of them as one 'figure'.

From a RPG side this is one of the best sets in recent years. Many of my favorites that have not seen action are here along with several remakes of ones I really like (though I like the color of the first Sahguin much better).

Now to talk the wife into using the Credit card meant for heating oil....... :uhoh:

Vocenoctum

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
The Large Green is already a definite and I'm betting at least another large evil Dragon will be in the set.

Wasn't the starter pack supposed to be figures just in the pack?

Plus, if that's how Green's look now, I don't want it anymore.

Remove ads