• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Design example: Trap method

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Neat ideas. I'm tempted to steal some of them sometime, but I have a few mechanical questions:

rycanada said:
A pair of large horses (treat as warhorses) spook and one throws its rider; both go wildly out of control and charge down the road towards the PCs.

Why warhorses? Why not just heavy horses? (the monster manual kindly statted them out for situations like this).

Reward: Topp is actually a very talented farrier, and if befriended can shod the horses with masterwork horseshoes at half the usual price.

What do masterwork horseshoes do?

Ry

Explorer
Elder-Basilisk said:
Why warhorses? Why not just heavy horses? (the monster manual kindly statted them out for situations like this).
What do masterwork horseshoes do?

Heavy horses are fine too. I just wanted to clobber some PCs.

Masterwork Horseshoes allow an extra 50% hustling per day. But I just made that up. I know there's a few different takes on masterwork horse-related items out there. You could also use one of those.

Ry

Explorer
Problem: Hratchlip (Kuen's manticore ally) will retreat early on in the battle and return to her mate. Her mate is Paktkach, the manticore detailed in this thread.

Asset: The mine Paktkach occupies leads to the entranceway of the Rakshasa tomb that Mojara is trying to lead the party to. The tomb entrance is a difficult puzzle door, but Kuen (who knows about the tomb) hasn't been able to get to it because before you get to the door you need to discover another secret door that looks like a hard rock face.

Last edited:

Remove ads