• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Designing a New Docent (Warforged Component/Magic Item)

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Hey,
Not sure if this fits better in Rules or House Rules - I'm trying to design a new Warforged component by RAW for magic item creation - rules I have minimum familiarity with.

The feat requirement is Craft Wondrous Item, and I think I will require the Spells Spell Turning and Repair Light Damage.

The basica idea of it is a docent which protects a Warforged from spells and, if a given spell would be turned by spell turning the energy, rather than being turned back at the caster, is used to power a Repair Light Damage spell on the Warforged it is a component of. If the Warforged is at full HP, he gets no healing effect, but he is still protected from the spell and it still doesn't rebound on the caster, if the spell in question would be unaffected by Spell Turning, then nothing happens and the spell affects the Warforged normally.

Questions? Comments? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Last edited:

Remove ads