• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destruction ideas

Draven

First Post
I'm new to enworld and i realy like the format. i have been playing 2nd edition for a few years now and just starting my own campaign in a homebrew world. i have allowed for my party to build a minor reputation and am just now giving them a plot to set the campaign. they now know who they're villan is he happens to be a cleric unjustly banished from the church and turned into a vampire by his god for the destruction of churches.

i need ideas for some way for the party to destroy him

thanks to all

Zappo

Explorer
Are you playing 2e or 3e now?

Anyway, there are the standard ways for killing vampires: sunlight, stakes through the heart, whatever. If you want something more involved, how about this: the cleric cannot be killed until he realizes what he has done and why he is wrong, and repents. Only then will his god lift the curse and allow him to die and come to his side.

Draven

First Post
sunllight will most likely be the way i will go i also was thinking of ideas for legendary weapons garlic only is a deterrent according to von richtens

being a follower of pholtus the repenting is a nice idea. sunlight also makes sense

the Jester

Legend
Hmm... with him being a follower of Pholtus and all, I'd say the idea that he must realize he was wrong could be expanded to "...and then willingly face the sunrise."

Otherwise, the pcs cannot destroy him permanently.

I suggest dropping plenty of clues as to the fact that he's immune to 'standard' vampiric means of destruction, or else your pcs will be pissed. :eek: :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads