• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destructive Rage & Intimidating Rage requirements

kaejo

First Post
The requirements for Frenzied Berserker include having the feats Destructive Rage & Intimidating Rage...

The requirements for Destructive Rage & Intimidating Rage are having the Rage or Frenzy Ability...

The only way (I know of) to get the Frenzy Ability is to be a Frenzied Berserker, and one of the ways to be a Frenzied Berserker is to have Destructive Rage & Intimidating Rage, which require Rage or Frenzy...

Anyone else see this? Why is Rage OR Frenzy a requirement for those feats if you have to have those feats to get Frenzy? Shouldn't the feat requirements for those feats be the Rage Ability ONLY?

If I had my way as a player I would remove those feats from the Frenzied Berserker requirements but, that probably makes the Frenzied Perserker too easy to take.

-KO

Sekhmet

First Post
It's simple, the feats were obviously meant to be taken as a badger.
More realistically speaking, it's possible that Frenzy is a class, race, or feat available elsewhere in the Wizards books.

Also, don't be a Frenzied Berserker as a PC. It's just not kosher. Having a chance to fly into a frenzy and kill all of your party members (except Dandu) every time a bee stings you is pretty intense.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Rules are written generically to accomodate future additions. So if a new class had been written that granted the frenzy ability without having to take those feats, the use of "rage or frenzy" as a prerequisite would have been worthwhile. This sort of thing happens a lot.

As written, I agree it's redundant.

kaejo

First Post
It's simple, the feats were obviously meant to be taken as a badger.
More realistically speaking, it's possible that Frenzy is a class, race, or feat available elsewhere in the Wizards books.

Also, don't be a Frenzied Berserker as a PC. It's just not kosher. Having a chance to fly into a frenzy and kill all of your party members (except Dandu) every time a bee stings you is pretty intense.

You say "intense", I hear "awesome". XD

-KO

BENINHB

First Post
Sohe from Oriental Adventures gets Frenzy

Also does Fist of the Forest get Frenzy?? i know they get a rage like ability but i don't remember what it's called.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads