Details and Game Scheduling

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Time for this year's Camp NCGD to have its very own thread! I'm sure there will be many small evolutions as we get closer to the event but I'll try and keep this first post edited/updated with the important bits so it is easy to find. Let's dive right in and talk about...

The Website: http://ncgd.drupalgardens.com/
Trillian is our Webmistress for that site and she will likely try and keep it updated as we go. One thing I'll note is that the forum support for the free site we have there is not sufficient to keep up with our needs for scheduling games and such. For that we'll simply use our trusty ENWorld forum here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?361-North-Carolina-Game-Day
(I'll get that forum cleared out here shortly and we'll settle on times to post/sign up for games)

Lodgings: We have slightly more space than last year thanks go moving to the larger Camp Lapihio (last year was Camp Crabtree). I believe it will accommodate up to 72 people. That doesn't mean space won't go fast so if you haven't already sent me your $15 (non-refundable) payment to reserve your spot in the camp, get that done as soon as you can. Once you've paid that money your spot is guaranteed and we can set about assigning people to cabins.

If you are driving in I ask that you please bring bedding of your choosing (your best bet is probably a sleeping bag, pillow, and perhaps an extra blanket). If you have extras of those things and wouldn't mind sharing, it would help out those who are flying in and don't have room for sleeping bags in their luggage. If you are one of the people flying in and need such things, let me know as soon as possible so I can pass that need on to our Quartermaster.

Food: The standard price on the meal plan will work the same as last year. That is: $10 for Thursday night, $25 for three meals Friday, $25 for three meals Saturday, $25 for three meals Sunday, breakfast on Monday is free. Total that means you eat for the entire weekend for $85. At this particular moment I don't have the menu set but Jennie527 and Mrs. Halo are working on it as we speak. Trust me that the food will be even better than last year, which is to say expertly prepared, tasty, and plentiful.

I want to avoid a lot of the stress from last year brought on by having to do so much at the last minute. Therefore I'd like to get folks committed and paid up sooner than later for the meals.

This part is important: That rate will apply if you pay for your meals (you can opt for all or part of the plan) if you send me the money no later than March 1st. Between March 2nd and April 1st, the price will go up by $10 (total of $95 for the full meal plan). Between April 2nd and April 20th, the price will go up by $20 (total of $105 for the full meal plan). The meal plan will not be available after April 20th.

I hope you all avoid those higher rates by paying within the next month. This is not meant to punish anybody who is unsure of whether they can make it. But I don't know any better way to get people to commit, and therefore save some organizational hassle for the volunteers and myself responsible for adjusting the menu figures, than to use small escalations in the price to urge folks to sign on. Hope that feels fair to you guys.

Travel: If you were there last year you know that this park is literally ten minutes from the RDU Airport. Flying in and out won't be a problem. If you can let me know your travel plans I'm sure we can arrange to have you retrieved from the airport. If you are driving in from out of town make certain you use the NORTH ENTRANCE to William B. Umstead Park, located on Glenwood Avenue/Hwy 70. DO NOT use the southern entrance located off interstate 40 - You can't get to the campsite from the southern entrance.

Gaming: Post your games here in this forum. We can probably afford to be less rigid than in the past in terms of which "slot" you schedule them because we're there for longer and there are more chances for "pickup games". But when in doubt, I'd suggest you schedule roughly 9AM-1PM, 2PM-6PM, 8PM-Midnight and of course mention what day. Try to include info about what system you are running in the thread title along with the name of the game. Inside the thread please include how many players you can accommodate. So your thread title might look something like this:

"Sky Galleons of Mars" (Savage Worlds) Saturday 9AM-1PM

Inside the thread you post something like this:

6 Slots
RESERVED
RESERVED
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN

Lastly on the topic of gaming, instead of a mad dash for sign ups, how about player registration goes live at 8PM on Friday, April 10th? We can adjust that if needed but right now that's our target date.

That's it for now. Get your meal plan paid for ASAP so you can get it as cheaply as possible. I'll post more info as I have it. Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:

RustyHalo

First Post
Highs predicted in the low-to-mid 70s throughout the weekend, with nighttime lows in the low 50s. Updated weather report pushes any real chance of rain into Sunday, with only a slight chance on Saturday.

Remove ads