• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Detchitoyo High School: Freshmen Year, Q. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thomas
"For the most part I currently feel very little, though shortly later I expect a considerable amount of pain when the extent of the injuries settle in. I will recover though, given adequate time,"

"We should probably get you fixed up, then." Kryptonite says. "We don't know what kind of timetable we're working with. We need to be ready for anything to happen, and if one of us is wounded, that puts us at a severe disadvantage."

She looks to Tetsuya. "Can you do anything? With one of your cards, or something? If not..." She looks to Damien. "Can you send your... companion to acquire medical assistance?"

Last edited:

Imerak

First Post
"Well, I could use the same card I used on him before..." Tetsuya says, palming his Healing Salve card. He peers at the battlefield, the two fighters having a standoff like in some movie. "There's the heavy artillery again," he says sardonically.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Tetsuya
"Well, I could use the same card I used on him before..."

"Can you use it only so many times?" Kryptonite asks. "I've got an idea that magic is a little more limited than technology, in that respect. I don't want you to use all your resources... we may need them again later, at a time when the situation is more pressing than it is now."

Tetsuya
"There's the heavy artillery again,"

Kryptonite looks to the where JK and Roichi are facing off. "Fools, both. But JK doesn't want us to get involved, or else we all would've gone. He feels its his fight... let him fight it."

JK will get us into more trouble than we can handle... if he gets hurt, I'm going out there and finishing that Roichi kid off. I've already lost one friend today, I'm not about to lose another.

Lichtenhart

First Post
J.K grins as Roichi draws his weapon.

A grenade launcher, huh? Let's see if you have the gut to fire it when I'm just in front of you.

The beast boy pounds his feet on the ground and begins running at full speed towards the Sniper, covering the distance that divide them in about three seconds, then he lashes at the gun with his claws, in an attempt to disarm him.
"Nice toy."

OOC: Using my Speed attribute I can cover the distance in a round, but I get a -4 penalty to hit and block defense. Called Shot: Disarm is another -4 penalty in melee. So I get two attacks at just +1. If any hits, he's entitled to a STR check to keep the weapon anyway. My modifier is +8. If I hit but fail to disarm him, he gets -4 on his next action anyway since he's off balance.

Zack2216

First Post
Roichi stares in astonishment as you bring your claws to bare.
Attack 1: attack roll 3 (roll 2 +1) vs. def roll nat. 20
Attack 2: attack roll 18 (roll 17+1) vs. def roll 11
opposed strength 16 (J.K., roll 8+8) vs. 3 (disarmed!)

"Why, you little!"
Init. 25- Roichi
On his initiative, he'll try to take his gun back,
Attack roll 22 vs. def. roll 14 (roll 9+ 5)
opposed strength 12 (roichi) vs. 19 (J.K.)

Roichi Moves back 5 ft., a blank expression on his face.

J.K.'s turn.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Once he has the weapon, J.K. retracts his claws. Keeping it safe with one hand, he steps forward and punches him with the other.

Whether he hits or not, he'll whisper to him: "I think I've already already made my point. I don't want to hurt you unnecessarily or humiliate you in front of the whole school now. You have a reputation to defend, I guess. Surrender now, and I'll give you your toy back. Or if your friends think surrender is for cowards, take next punch and stay down. If you don't, I may be tempted to try this thing, or break it, and neither of us wants that."

OOC: One attack at +9, 1d3+8 stun damage. Can I think of a way to discharge his weapon, or is it too complicate?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kryptonite watches the fight from a distance. Though she can't make out the details, she gets the general gist of what's going down.

I really hope he knows what he's doing.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Brenna looks on, her face carefully neutral.

This is not good, if Roichi is anything like he appears to be, he's not going to take this well. Losing face like that. Maybe if JK had beaten him while he ha the gun... Still this could work to my benefit, he may be concerned enough about J.K to forget his research on me.

You worry to much. He might gain some respect for JK from this. Besides him ending this quickly means we get to have fun soon.

Zack2216

First Post
Roichi whispers back, angrilly "I won't forget this." Right before he takes the blow, falling to the ground.

His weapon isn't to hard to fire. It is already loaded, so the pull of the trigger will easily set it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads