• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Sewer Rats

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I just went through this first chapter in order to reward the players for RPing and activity. The idea was to give the first place PC 75xp, 2nd place 50xp, and 25xp for third place. But somehow I ended up with a tie at third place. The rewards are so:

1st place: Needles with a 75xp award.
2nd place: Chernguk with a 50xp award.
3rd place: Hardnose and Pickwick, both who get a 25xp award.

We can discuss further in Talking the Talk.

ghostcat

First Post
Replying to Gunzuul, hardnose says "I'm really sorry about what happened to your friend Gunzuul. And I would like to help you find who did it. However, we're sewer rats not investigators and aren't really cut out for city investigations. That said, if it was up to me you would be welcome to join us. But its not, so you need to ask Artemesia or the chief."

ghostcat

First Post
Hardnose scowls at the union leaders as they start to quote city ordnances in order to cheat him and his team out of their hard earned reward. If looks could kill they would all be dead. However he keeps quiet and is grateful when Artemesia out-ordnances them. He thanks her before he leaves and makes a mental note to buy something nice for her.

[sblock=DT]So what would be the D&D equivalent of a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates?[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC for ghostcat:
[sblock]
Well, I'm a guy so I'm in the same boat you are in. Still, I think tulips or white flowers used to mean friendship and red roses affection. So go with the tulips or white flowers.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Replying to Gunzuul, hardnose says "I'm really sorry about what happened to your friend Gunzuul. And I would like to help you find who did it. However, we're sewer rats not investigators and aren't really cut out for city investigations. That said, if it was up to me you would be welcome to join us. But its not, so you need to ask Artemesia or the chief."

"We are Sewer Rats, for a variety of reasons, however, I don't see why we can't also be investigators as well. If you are joining the team Gunzuul, then when we are not on a job, I see not reason we cannot find the employer of your friend." says Fergus.

Boddynock

First Post
Gunzuul sneers in disgust at the officials' blatant attempt to fleece the Rats, then nods decisively when Artemisia puts them firmly in their place. His eyes widen in surprise at being included in the payout but he accepts the money without demur. After all, he has a number of expenses ahead of him ... not least being a funeral for Tania.

He approaches Miss Artemisia and says, "Thanks. I'll be looking into this but any help you can give would be appreciated. For the moment, I'm content to work with the Rats - they seem a good, solid bunch. Who knows? Maybe I've been led here for a reason."

He joins the others and, in response to Hardnose and Fergus' comments, says, "I appreciate it. I'll be hanging around for a while. Now, I really didn't expect to be paid for this, so I think the least I can do is buy the first couple of rounds. Who's up for it?"

OOC: DT, he'll be paying for a funeral for Tania, as well as those first couple of rounds. Let me know how much I need to deduct from the 100gp.

He also knows (at least, I assume he does) that there's a power (Object Reading) which allows a Psion to read the past of an object. He'll look around for someone who can read the shards of the crystal ball, in order to try and identify the person who gave it to Tania.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Needles had made up his mind to see just how many holes he could put into the officials before they would pass out when Miss Artemesia seems to put them back in their places. A sneer crosses his face, as he shows his toothy grin to the officials as they backtrack on their blatantly pathetic attempt to swindle a swindler.

His claws wrap around the payment, as he wonders just what he could buy with this newfound fortune while the others speak of finding someone for the new guy. "If it pays well, I'm in. Otherwise, I've got work to do."

He is about to head out when the offer of free drinks is heard. His feet stop on their tracks, as he slowly turns his attention back to the new guy. "As long as you're buying, who am I to refuse? Just keep the gnomes away. Protecting the oversized gnome rejects (the dwarf workers) that can't seem to take care of themselves may just have me taking out some frustration on the next gnome I see. Just be glad you aren't a gnome..."

Needles spins to Miss Artemesia, bows his head slightly, and adds, "It was a pleasure to take their money. Anytime my services are needed, you can find me."

He then walks to the doorway, asking, "So what are we waiting for?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Needles had made up his mind to see just how many holes he could put into the officials before they would pass out when Miss Artemesia seems to put them back in their places. A sneer crosses his face, as he shows his toothy grin to the officials as they backtrack on their blatantly pathetic attempt to swindle a swindler.

His claws wrap around the payment, as he wonders just what he could buy with this newfound fortune while the others speak of finding someone for the new guy. "If it pays well, I'm in. Otherwise, I've got work to do."

He is about to head out when the offer of free drinks is heard. His feet stop on their tracks, as he slowly turns his attention back to the new guy. "As long as you're buying, who am I to refuse? Just keep the gnomes away. Protecting the oversized gnome rejects (the dwarf workers) that can't seem to take care of themselves may just have me taking out some frustration on the next gnome I see. Just be glad you aren't a gnome..."

Needles spins to Miss Artemesia, bows his head slightly, and adds, "It was a pleasure to take their money. Anytime my services are needed, you can find me."

He then walks to the doorway, asking, "So what are we waiting for?"
"Waiting for you to keep a civil tongue in your head Needles. Gnome or kobold we are all Rats and you would do well to remember that or your eponymous member will be removed." says Fergus

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Cocking his head to the side, Needles wonders just what Fergus means. "Off the job, I do what I want. While on the job, I do what I must. I don't tell you when you should leave ol' Bessy alone while you are not on the job, do I? Mooo..."

He leaves the last word hanging in the air for a few seconds before laughing.

"Ok, ok. I won't kill any gnomes. Let's get a drink. And what the hell is eponymous member? I work alone while not in the Sewer Rats."

[sblock]Yes, I know his statement is opening up a whole slew of chances to mock him as well as more belittling puns to be used, but he's still a kobold.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads