Dexter Season 3

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm not sure I love the big fake-out that we got at the start of the last episode. It would have been pretty interesting to see Dexter in the hot seat for once.

And just when you thought they would not put him in the hot seat . . . :D

Felon

First Post
Oh man what a great season, and you see the seeds planted for the next couple of seasons at least. Yes, Dexter makes a clean escape at the end of every season, but still, this was an utterly enthralling season; possibly even better than the first.
Yeah, not a disappointing episode in the lot. Maybe Dexter should come to the Heroes universe. He could teach both Sylar and HRG a thing or two.

A great episode in a great season.

Every episode so far was just enjoyable. The writers for Dexter seem to know what they are doing.

My only complaint might be: His final confrontations with both Miguel and the Skinner were too short. But maybe the writers did the right thing here. The real emotional impact of the relationships have been done before. And there was not much important about the Skinner to say - he was just a catalyst for Dexter becoming aware of his feelings for his son and his relationship with Rita.
The only thing that needed to be said to the Skinner was: "You know what, I totally know what your're doing. But do you? Do you accept that you're just a killer doing it because he needs to? I am. Now die, sucker." ;)
The important scene was the scene with his imaginary conversation with his dad.

Felon

First Post
A great episode in a great season.

Every episode so far was just enjoyable. The writers for Dexter seem to know what they are doing.

My only complaint might be: His final confrontations with both Miguel and the Skinner were too short.
I think you've got a point. It would be great to see how Dexter handles a situation where his sense of control has bee taken away. It's been challenged before, but not actually stripped from him for any meaningful duration. Whereas fictional heroes seem to be constantly reacting to threats, Dexter is traditionally proactive, taking of problems before they develop into full-blown crises.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I liked the latest episode, but I felt the confrontation with The Skinner was a bit anti-climactic.

But that's just a quibble. Overall, high marks!

Remove ads