Dexter Season 5 (Spoilers for latest episodes)

Janx

Hero
Does being a somewhat dirty cop warrant execution? He even told Dex that he didn't have any plans to mess with Lumen.

One of Hary's rules is "Don't get caught"

He had to take him out.

Overall, Quinn knows something is up with Dexter. He may even still suspect Dexter of it still, and that Dexter covered for him. Odds are good its as simple as Quinn knows he can't touch Dexter because it'll track back to him and make him look guilty.

We'll see if next season dexter has the kids or if he's fully solo.

Felon

First Post
Ok, season 5 is over - is it just me, but wasn´t the Jordan Chase show down a little bit lame? Is this the weakest season so far?
It's not just you. The villains never came to the forefront in any way that made them engrossing, which is distinct from previous episodes. Rather, they were just nasty, evil baddies to be bumped off. When Chase finally got his due, I didn't care. There wasn't the emotional investment I got with Lila, or the characters Jimmy Smits and John Lithgow played. Likewise, Quinn is a poor sub for Doakes. I still miss that guy.

The Lumen character was the focus of the season, and that relationship wrapped up abruptly, predictably, and in all-too-tidy way.

No sense of loss or progress at all, really.

Krug

Newshound
I enjoyed it. It was an ironic turnaorund that Dexter and had me gripped throughout, though the final showdown did kinda sputter out. Quinn's change to lovestruck whipping boy was a little hard to swallow though. It can't match up to the awesomeness of the previous season, but it was still pretty darn good.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Overall, Quinn knows something is up with Dexter. He may even still suspect Dexter of it still, and that Dexter covered for him. Odds are good its as simple as Quinn knows he can't touch Dexter because it'll track back to him and make him look guilty.

I think that Quinn believes Deb caught Dexter and Lumen and covered for them and that Dexter "did the right thing" by getting Quinn off the hook since it was Dex that offed Weller's character. I think Quinn is proceeding under the misguided impression that he, Deb, Dexter and perhaps Lumen all share an unspoken (for Quinn) secret at this point and that will be part of what causes conflict next season. At some point, Quinn is going to say something to Deb in a winky-winky way and Deb is going to wtf him leading Quinn to realize that Deb knows nothing. Plus we need to see what Quinn does with the photos. He might hand them over to Dex early on as a way to thank him for the shoe business. There are a few paths to how things can unravel and I'm sure the writers will intro a new monster into all that to complicate things further. Quinn might even try to buddy up with Dex over the new monster, thinking it would be what Deb wants.

LightPhoenix

First Post
What frustrated me the most about the finale was that, in the end, nothing "physical" actually changed.

I saw this whole season as Dexter beginning to realize his humanity, and so in that aspect the finale really set that up. There were numerous moments where Dexter was actually feeling emotion. Most specifically was the (IMO) great callback to Teenage Wasteland. At the end of that episode, Astor asks if helping Lumen helps him deal with Rita. Dexter doesn't get it at that point; he stoically says nothing because he doesn't know what to say. At the end of this one, you can tell Dexter actually feels like it didn't.

Still, at the end of the episode, it really felt like a "reset" button was hit. There was nothing that really felt permanent. That's what I felt was most unsatisfying about it. I liked the episode (especially Deb), but hated the neatness.

Remove ads