DF's Semivaliant Return, and a 4e Interest Check!

Hey there, folks. It's me! After a long hiatus [brought about by graduating university, moving, and bouncing between jobs for a while], I've returned for what I hope is a permanent stay.

That said, I have plans to reignite one of my old campaigns, but I thought I'd kick it off with just a single adventure while I get acclimated to doing this again.

The idea for the adventure is this: You play a group of bandits who are altogether not horrible people. The bandit chief, while still paying you to rob people, is strictly against doing physical violence to anybody. (He sees this as a way to make the gang less of a target for law-enforcement.)

However, an important courier has turned up dead in the area, and the governor has initiated a crackdown by hiring out adventuring parties to "clear out" the ruffians. And in your experience, the hired "adventurers" are much more brutal than their humble victims. So it would be up to you to defend your gang's hideout from the "heroes," and then possibly go do something about clearing your name.

So, dear gamers, does this sound like it would be fun? If it generates a level of interest, I'll likely change this to the recruitment thread and let you folks get cracking.

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=Other Business]You can jump back into Yedan's Troubleshooters at any time. You do a far better job of playing Bastion than I do.[/sblock]

dave_o

Explorer
Hey there, folks. It's me! After a long hiatus [brought about by graduating university, moving, and bouncing between jobs for a while], I've returned for what I hope is a permanent stay.

That said, I have plans to reignite one of my old campaigns, but I thought I'd kick it off with just a single adventure while I get acclimated to doing this again.

The idea for the adventure is this: You play a group of bandits who are altogether not horrible people. The bandit chief, while still paying you to rob people, is strictly against doing physical violence to anybody. (He sees this as a way to make the gang less of a target for law-enforcement.)

However, an important courier has turned up dead in the area, and the governor has initiated a crackdown by hiring out adventuring parties to "clear out" the ruffians. And in your experience, the hired "adventurers" are much more brutal than their humble victims. So it would be up to you to defend your gang's hideout from the "heroes," and then possibly go do something about clearing your name.

So, dear gamers, does this sound like it would be fun? If it generates a level of interest, I'll likely change this to the recruitment thread and let you folks get cracking.

Absolutely!

Remove ads