• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournament: Road to Fallon [El Jefe Judging]

DerHauptman

First Post
When Cepheus shoots his last arrow another loud roar can be heard echoing throughout the countryside....

CEEEEEEEEEEPHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSS!

The contest over for he and Cepheus he goes stomping back into the tournament area shoving commoners out of his way as he does so - stepping on toes and giving a great shoulder here and there for good measure. Being a bully at heart but intuitive if not intelligent he chooses his the targets for his out burst wisely. He turns over a few piss pots and trash barrels in the process.

He is looking for two people the "little boy" and Cepheus....

He yells for them both at irregular intervals until he f them.

CEEEPHEUUUS!

Where you is?

I needs yous!

Oh and dat liddle boy too....

wuts his name Crozons or sumat?

QEEZEEEEEZERNS!

Don hides ferm me -

my liddle slave fer week!

He takes care to add disparaging remarks about the "liddle boy", the validity of the contest and the "lord's" questionable victory over Cepheus to any within close ear shot.

Reynolds admonition fresh in this mind he keeps his voice to a minimum on that part, mumbling on about the "lord's" character and such.

He keeps this up until one or the other finds him...

Velmont

First Post
In the crowd, people look at the contest, and applause to the Lyan's performance. Some tells he should have been in teh expert categories, but someone who seems to know him replies it is his life perfromance he is giving, but agree that in the next tournament, he will have to upgrade to teh expert with such performance... he will just need to repeat that, but he seems to doubt.

Other talk about the surprise of the elven hunter elimination. He is good, but seems to have been unlucky. A few are a bit surprise of Lord Guillaume performance. Lord Guillaume seems to have interest in archery, but skills is anotehr thing, and his last shots seems to represent more his true skill.

BigB

First Post
Cepheus hearing Jik'tu calling his name goes to talk with Jik'tu. When he approaches Jik'tu he lets Jik'tu rant about the tournament and the loss to Lord Guillaume. When Jik'tu gives him a chance to explain he does his best: The bet was not necessarily who won but who advanced and since neither one advanced it is somewhat of a tie and we win much gold from the Lord. Perhaps enough even to buy the materials to make Jik'tu a set of full plate armor and cepheus new studded leather armor. He laughs, at least then we won't be walking around with tomato stains - they are difficult to get out of leather after all. However we do owe this lord 4 days of work. He has requested we go to his home in 2 days time. His mistake... If he does not treat us honorably he will regret ever meeting us and showing us to his home! So far this lord talks as though he intends to be true to his word and give us 300 gold in two days and 300 gold after we work for him four days. It is in his best interest to keep his bargain.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Animus]It is the final round, you have 3 shots, not only 1. Also, how do you calculate your bonus? Shouldn't it be +4 Dex, +1 size, -6 range (with a range increment of 60 feet... I think I told 70 in a message, but it should be 60 feet), which mean only -1. Doesn't make much difference for the shot you made, but might be for teh next two.[/SBLOCK]

Animus

Explorer
Velmont
[sblock=OOC]
You are correct sir. I forgot about size bonus. And I didn't realize I was shooting three times. I'm editing the previous post with my remaining shots.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
As Nirrassa shot in the bulleyes, all people applause, but her previous shot that has gone out of the target have cost her the first rank.

"Lyan Lightleaf is our winner. Nirassa of the Swiftclan is second. Thank you to all contestant and all who has come to watch the events. In two hours will start the Magical Duel at the Arena."

All the winner gather around the judge. Reynold tells "You can reclaim you prize now, or wait on the reward award at the end of the tournament. And even if you take your prize now, you can come to the award."

Lyan and Lord Guillaume both tells they'll come to the awards.

IcyCool

First Post
Deos applauds with the rest of the crowd, and heads down to congratulate the halfling and the katara. "Well done, both of you. Such displays of skill are truly inspiring."

After that, Deos heads for the conjuring duel.

[sblock=Velmont]Unless Deos would know otherwise, he's assuming the conjuring duel means that he'll need to actually conjure creatures (via the Summon Monster spells). As such, he would have filled his 1st level slots (arcane and divine) with Summon Monster 1. If Deos would know differently, let me know.
His 0-level spells are as follows:
Arcane:
Detect Magic
Acid Splash x2

Divine:
Detect Magic
Cure Minor x2
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Deos]The conjuraion duel need you to cast only 1 summon per combat. You have two rounds in one day, so you'll have to cast twice the spell. Now, all the other spells can be cast during the combat, but the spell can only be targeted at you own monster, so the goal is more to see the strategy by using some boosting spell rather than using raw evocation to kill your opponent's monster.[/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Deos]The conjuraion duel need you to cast only 1 summon per combat. You have two rounds in one day, so you'll have to cast twice the spell. Now, all the other spells can be cast during the combat, but the spell can only be targeted at you own monster, so the goal is more to see the strategy by using some boosting spell rather than using raw evocation to kill your opponent's monster.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Velmont]Ahh, that changes his spell loadout pretty dramatically then. As he is only a 1st level cleric and 1st level wizard, his summoned critter will last for one round. If he is not allowed to cast multiple summoned critters, then he'll only use his two arcane slots for Summon Monster 1, and his two divine slots for Bless (His Domain Slot will stay with Detect Secret Doors).
His 0-level spells will be the following:
Arcane:
Detect Magic
Resistance
Acid Splash

Divine:
Cure Minor
Guidance
Virtue[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads