DiasExMachina 4ED Update

Voadam

Legend
I went to pick up the pdf of the d20 version of Amethyst on rpgnow and saw it was gone. With the revision of the GSL are you going to put it back up for sale?

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
With a new GSL on the scene, a few people have been asking if the D20 3.5 version of Amethyst will be put back on sale. The removal of article 6 of the GSL would obviously allow it. The answer is no, we won’t be putting the 3.5 version back on sale...at least not officially. Obviously, the main reason is that we don’t want to divert attention away from the 4.0 Edition version of Amethyst due in a couple months. I also believe this new version is much closer to the actual Amethyst as I conceived it. Now that being said, we do still have a dozen or so softcovers in a box in storage. We were using them as personal stock but there are still some mint, shrink-wrapped to cardboard. Those wanting them should contact DiasExMachina personally and we can organize a donation and we’ll respond with a few books. Once these last few copies are gone, they are gone forever, never to be sold again.

One of the elements of the old book you’ll never see are the old maps. A lot of people know I was not terribly happy with our maps from the 3.5 book. With a new edition comes a new cartographer, Jeremy Simmons. He’s done work for Goodman, Bastion Press, and Monte Cook. He has replaced our pencil world map with a full color digital one. We won’t have the zoomed sections in this book (they’ll be in the second) but at least we’ll have a full two-page color spread in this first book. Jeremy did a real bang up job and we all look forward to working with him further, both in Amethyst and in NeuroSpasta. He has tackled the dungeon maps for the included module as well as the free-RPG in June. He also made our character sheet as well.

Dias Ex Machina

Yes, after many months of teasing, we are finally ready to release the NEW AMETHYST COVER!
Of course, this one lacks the DEM and Goodman logo, a subtitle, borders, and even a proper title layer, leaving just the cover and all its glory. :)

AmethystThumbnail.jpg

Dias Ex Machina

It is good that a few people read these because as you all should be aware...
...Goodman Games is releasing From Here to There, a compilation of small adventures meant to...ahem...”bridge” points between encounters of a bigger adventure or campaign. Yes, yours truly is one of the writers of this module. I hope everyone will have a chance to get this. I enjoyed the hell out of the experience.

Goodman Games

Meanwhile, I should let you know that I have seen the final version of the Amethyst FreeRPG, Hearts of Chaos. It looks fantastic.

Also...although it’s unfortunate, Amethyst’s release has been pushed back to May. Sorry folks. Couldn’t be avoided.

Dias Ex Machina

Sorry for the delays. I just spend the last week giving the core book a final polish along with the help of our editor before it goes to layout. This gave me on last opportunity to fix any issues we might have had. I can't say every spelling mistake and punctuation error was fixed but I will say most of them have been. Actually the real benefit has been the work on NeuroSpasta. I didn't take a break after finishing Amethyst; I jumped right into the next game. I carried over the rules I needed from the previous game and started creating another 200 powers. Getting the opportunity to touch up Amethyst one more time, I was able to put back the elements I carried from Amethyst to NeuroSpasta BACK into Amethyst, not revised with the experience of the intervening months. These include certain wordings to prevent confusion but the big alteration was with ground vehicles. We admitted kinda playing it loose with vehicles with Amethyst but we knew we needed a more strict set of rules of NeuroSpasta. Well, I took this opening to insert the new NeuroSpasta vehicle rules into Amethyst, to give players more options and to make vehicle combat more appealing and more realistic (well, as realistic as we can get). We'll have more info on exact releases quite shortly, I imagine.

benensky

Explorer
Sounds like you are wrapping Amethyst up. The change to May does not mean you will not release hardback at GenCon, does it?

-benensky

Dias Ex Machina

As we try to balance a financial system in NeuroSpasta, I decided to finally make a post. I haven't much to report. NeuroSpasta's playtest kit is being pieced together. We are looking for ways for people to spend their money (cybernetics, vehicles, weapons, etc).

I still cannot fully go into details as the delays with Amethyst. As stated, the editing has been completed and it’s currently in the layout phase. It will be for sale in PDF and print though the exact day cannot be locked down.

On another topic, totally related, I have had a look at our free-rpg module, Hearts of Chaos. It looks pretty impressive. You get two books in one, with it being bundled with Goodman's Hero's handbook: Immortal Heroes. The other book is reversed and upside down. Fans are encouraged (really encouraged) to download the premade characters when they become available. The limited edition art print made by Nick Greenwood is the cover of this new module.

Dias Ex Machina

So what have we been doing? Well, for one, we have a couple articles to appear in upcoming issues of Level Up. The first details the basics of the setting and won't include much (if any) fluff. The second, hopefully for August, should have some never-before-seen crunch which will not be found in the primary rulebook. As always, Nick will be supplying art for both those articles. I wrote them both personally. The second will detail a new race, along with a paragon path and a monster tied into that race.

Sorry that I don't have a definitive lock on the release. Once I know, you'll know.

It should be noted that the second book has already been planned and I would say it was probably half-way finished...but I won't even begin to talk releases date for that one. Did I mention I have had a chance to look at the freeRPGDay module we have? I know I did. Mentioning it again...it's awesome. Make sure you ask your local hobby or game store to sign up for this event. I know I asked my local store and they forgot...twice. I had to tell them again yesterday. You know they procrastinate.

Remove ads