• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice Survivor, Finale: d6 vs. d20

Choose which die *WON'T* be the winner.

• Poll closed .

Gez

First Post
Star Wars would be proud!

The eliminated have been 3, 4, 12, 10, 8. Now it's time to choose which die you like the least between the all-time classical 6-sider, and the miniature golf ball that gave its name to a whole branch of our hobby's little industry.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Bye-bye d6. Sure, we'll miss the fireballs and lightning bolts, but being able to actually hit, save, make skill checks and the like's more important. The d20 is just so versitile. And OGL, too.

Demiurge out.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The D6 is the iconic chance-cube, the symbol of the randomness that give RPG's their spice. It's the one element of an RPG you can find ANYWHERE, and start up an RPG, or many other games for that matter. How can we eliminate such a symbol, an icon, a flagship of our entertainment?!?!

On the other hand, d20 has already had its icon and image immortalized forever through Wizards of the Coast; it really needs no more praise than what it has.

I entreat all fellow gamers to give the d6 the respect it deserves!

Mercule

Adventurer
d6 is the symbol of the common game. It's passe and not representative of our hobby at all. It's more a symbol of Yahtze, Monopoly, Frustration, and other bland items. If I'd done the other rounds, it would have had my vote for elimination from the start.

MetalBard

First Post
Vote no to d20

I voted to eliminate the d20 because the d6 is the FIRST die you roll as a player in D&D. Nevermind all you point-buy people. I know it's the first die I ever rolled the first time I played D&D.

Remove ads