• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice - the new terrorist threat ?

Silver Moon

Adventurer
So yesterday I was making a trip from the East coast out to the West coast. When I arrived here and was getting settled into my room I found this notice inside my suitcase indicating that following X-Ray it had been selected by T.S.A. to have a contents search. Everything inside appeared to be in order except for small bag of a dozen or so dice that I had brought out with me to work on some gaming prep. The bag was on top and empty while the dice were scattered all about the suitcase and two of the six-sided now appear to be missing.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm suprise they didn't take your d4s. If you had a backpack full of those things and threw them in the middle of a buys shopping mall all hell would break loose!!!

Maybe the guys who searched your stuff are gamers.

Silver Moon said:
So yesterday I was making a trip from the East coast out to the West coast. When I arrived here and was getting settled into my room I found this notice inside my suitcase indicating that following X-Ray it had been selected by T.S.A. to have a contents search. Everything inside appeared to be in order except for small bag of a dozen or so dice that I had brought out with me to work on some gaming prep. The bag was on top and empty while the dice were scattered all about the suitcase and two of the six-sided now appear to be missing.

The notice should have something on it with a number or web address to contact if anything is missing after they searched your bag. While it may just be two dice, I'd still report it.

JimAde

First Post
Aust Diamondew said:
I'm suprise they didn't take your d4s. If you had a backpack full of those things and threw them in the middle of a buys shopping mall all hell would break loose!!!

Maybe the guys who searched your stuff are gamers.
Or they just wanted to play craps.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Obviously they are not D&D players if they took only the d6's ! :cool:

Probably GURPS dare I say ? hehe As for the terrorist threat... I'm getting my dice made in C4 explosive for easy smuggling... :eek:

I admit.

I was a little more scared to fly after the terrorist attacks.

Then I saw everything that was being done in response to the Terrorist Attacks.

I will now NEVER FLY AGAIN. I have been more scared about how all these 'preventative measures' seem more about re-assuring the public than actually doing anything about a possible terrorist attack.

Or, maybe they thought you could climb down into luggage, open up your bag, take all the dice out, force your way into the pilot's cabin & knock him out with a d30 to the noggin.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, guys, seriously now. They scan the luggage. They see a concentration of small, dense, geometric shapes all overlapped. They don't know what it is and it fits the parameters of a possible device. They open up the luggage, find the dice bag, spill it out to determine what it is. They are in a hurry and (perhaps rudely) don't put the dice back in the bag, but instead let them kick around in the luggage and move on to the next thing. Two six siders either fell out by accident, wandered in the many movements of the luggage into some clothing where they will eventually cause confusion, or maybe were pocketed by a Evil Dice Stealing Monster (tm).

I'm gratified that they really are scanning the checked bags, I'm sorry to hear your dice got cluttered up, and I hope they all show eventually. The idea that there's something bad about the proceedure followed - I don't get it.

I had a little adventure last week mailing myself a pair of embroidery scissors I didn't even remember putting in the least used pocket of my purse, and my local airport could be more helpful about selling prepaid mailers at the main concourse shop, but at least they gave me a pass to skip back to the front of the screening line when I was done. :)

Zephyrus

First Post
the plastic used in dice might appear suspicious on an X-ray or similar as explosives or something like that perhaps. Though, it is most likly that the missing D6's were stolen for craps or similar. The fact the dice had come out of the pouch is bad though. Definitly report it. As far as all the security measures to fly now. Its ironic what we'd put up with in order to feel safe when its much more likely that a serious attempt from hijackers would circumvent those security measures entirely. The checkpoints now act mostly as a deterent and to catch the stupid, insane or the just plain unlucky. Its sad in some ways that so many accept these security measures as so nessisary when its more likly that they of little value outside of public oppinion and the appearance of safey

Remove ads