Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

Jahydin

Hero
iPhone here, US, no intrusive ads. Navigate around the site with zero issues.
Specifically, I bookmarked the Community->New Posts page where there is a completely translucent banner. When I click on a post, it shows a thin banner at the bottom that is easily ignored as I scroll through the comments. That's it.

For those that are on iPad, maybe request the mobile site to clear things up?

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I suspect the ad software is deliberately designed to make it as hard as possible to turn the crap off. I'm still willing to give Morrus the benefit of the doubt, and intrusive advertising does seem to be getting more and more common on the web in general.

From what I saw in the page source, the ads should be very very easy to block. XML has transformation tools which could quickly and simply remove the ads as they are currently implemented.

The problems, really, are figuring out how to run the transformation on each page, and the possibility that the ad implementation would change.

Plus, if the hosting service figured that too many of its ads were being blocked, there would likely be consequences.

For myself, and likely others, the ads are less than trivial. I have to remove the ads to effectively use the web site. Unlike the embedded ads, the new ones appear on top of other elements, greatly hindering the page from being experienced as intended.

TomB

Thomas Shey

Legend
For myself, and likely others, the ads are less than trivial. I have to remove the ads to effectively use the web site. Unlike the embedded ads, the new ones appear on top of other elements, greatly hindering the page from being experienced as intended.

TomB

As I've noted, I have to close the bottom and side ad every time I want to use the notifications.

Remove ads