• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did You Buy the First Three 4e Core Books?

Did You Buy the First Three 4e Core Books?

Muminalver

First Post
Bought all 3 core.... after reading them i'm defenitly a fence sitter... I really LOVE SWSE & i love the new DDM, but with 4 th i don't know if i even want to run a game. I suppose i ought to try how the new rules play (i don't like how they read)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Or for 3e, Skirmisher's Noble Wild.

Available here.

I really can't stress this book enough for anyone who wants to play sentient animals in a 3.5 game. Far better than just awakening standard animals, this gives racial stats for over sixty different kinds of noble animals (that is, naturally-sentient animals) many of which have racial levels, along with reworked base classes, new prestige classes, new spells, a revised system of magic items, and campaign advice for how to use noble animals in your game. It's really a spectacular book.

[/threadjack]

Samuel Leming

First Post
Samuel,

If I only own the PHB, should I vote “no”?
Um... Oops!

What I was really looking for was a count of how many jumped in vs. how many didn't even bother. Everyone I know that bought into this cluster at all pre-ordered the full set so this possibility just didn't register with me. Sorry guys.

As for how you vote... You have my intent, but I really can't tell you have to vote.

Sam

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Yes, I bought them from Amazon and picked them up from my in-laws' house while we were visiting them in California.

I've only played a few sessions since then - can't believe it's been six months - in a game which seems to have fizzled, but there you go. Ran a few sessions of my Third Edition game which we converted over, too; I was using the first Pathfinder adventure path, but ended the game because I was really dissatisfied with the quality of the adventure (and one of the players was leaving to study at MIT anyway).

S'mon

Legend
Yep, bought 'em. They're in my long-term storage area alongside Slaine and Traveller20 (the games I have out & am running are 3.5e, C&C and Labyrinth Lord).

Edgewood

First Post
I voted no. I don't really have any desire to move onto 4E only because I'm happy with all of the prior editions that I own. I invested heavily into 3.5E and I really don't have the desire to do that again. having said that, I was offered the core rules for free (not as a gift from a family member or friend) as a result of helping out at a local con. I told the person who was offering the books to give them to someone who would enjoy the game.

I will never talk bad about 4E on this or any other board because I have never read or played the game. But I have not and will not be purchasing 4E. I think that D&D and I in it's current incarnation will go our separate ways for now. I'll check in when the next edition arrives.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yep. I pre-ordered mine so I got mine on day 1. Read 'em, loaned them out to my fellow gamers, who also read 'em.

They are unused. Not a one of us in 13 gamers in 2 groups cared for it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads