• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Die from Two Dice - use polyhedral dice to ‘make’ new dice

pogre

Legend
Had a girl in the D&D club I sponsor show me her new d120s. I'm a dice geek, but even I had to ask, "what's it for?" She showed me a chart where a single die roll from this monstrosity replaced every conventional die roll. A bit cumbersome, but cool nonetheless.

jasper

Rotten DM
Had a girl in the D&D club I sponsor show me her new d120s. I'm a dice geek, but even I had to ask, "what's it for?" She showed me a chart where a single die roll from this monstrosity replaced every conventional die roll. A bit cumbersome, but cool nonetheless.
Um not cool. I felt the d30 was not cool when first came out. Hey lets create a die and just redo the charts. It will be fun they said. THEY LIED! I will take them as presents but will not spend money on them.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Factors of 120 - 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 5.

So we can do d4 (2x2), d6 (2x3), d8 (2x2x2), d10 (2x5) d12 (2x2x3) and d20 (2x2x5). We can't do d% with a single roll, though we can just roll, rerolling for 101-120.

Still, with that many sides is it easy to read?

pogre

Legend
Um not cool. I felt the d30 was not cool when first came out. Hey lets create a die and just redo the charts. It will be fun they said. THEY LIED! I will take them as presents but will not spend money on them.

Agree to disagree - I love all dice - even impractical ones. ;)

pogre

Legend
Factors of 120 - 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 5.

So we can do d4 (2x2), d6 (2x3), d8 (2x2x2), d10 (2x5) d12 (2x2x3) and d20 (2x2x5). We can't do d% with a single roll, though we can just roll, rerolling for 101-120.

Still, with that many sides is it easy to read?

Not for me, because of my old eyes! The girls seemed to have no trouble though.

Remove ads