• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

digital insider: Monk in PH3, playtest in May

Foundry of Decay

First Post
One of my players will be beside himself with glee when the monk is finally released. He has a couple characters that are waiting in the wings for the Monk class (and even a Samurai class, if that will see the light of day). So this is indeed good news.

yesnomu

First Post
Loved the gladiator article, so this Assassin one is right up my alley. Very excited for March, all things considered!

Familiars are sweet, I'm interested to see what they'll do mechanically.

And the Monk! Let's see if WotC can do better with the old boy this time around.

caudor

Adventurer
Oh no, I'm twitching again. Looking at March and beyond, I can't help but get excited.

OK, I'll guess now:
Monk ---
Power source: Ki
Role: Controller

Something tells me that Ninja will be the striker.

Arivendel

First Post
Power source has to be Ki, interestingly enough if this falls through i suppose the pattern of PHB 1-2 will Hold for 3-4 so we can expect Psionic/Shadow/Ki Sources in PHB3 which would then be finished in PHB 4 together with Elemental.

All in all awesome all around. I cant wait for May.

Lojaan

Hero
i really hope they do with monk what they did with druid - basically take the class and turn it into a power source. Hence we have leader druids (shaman), controller druids (druid), and defender druids (warden).

If 'ki', as a power source, is treated as 'monk', then we can look forward to the joy of having potentially controller, striker, defender and leader monks. Name a fighting style for each role and BAM - all my Christmases will have come at once.

Remove ads