• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Tokens: Hardcopies Possible

Tranquilis

Explorer
I'm a huge fan of 2D tokens (Fiery Dragon, for instance) and use them extensively. I've seen several digital token sets for use with Fantasy Grounds II and similar digital/online table programs.

Scenario:

If I purchased a digital token set from RPGNow, would I be able to use the .png files to print out for hardcopy tokens? I've noticed that some of the token files are .exe files, so I'm assuming I would not be able to extract easily those image files.

Is it technically possible to access the image files of the token art, or is the art in some data file I wouldn't be able to access/decompile?

If possible, these would only be used for my private games, etc. and in no way would be reproduced online, sold, or even altered.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I've been DYING to run a short World War II campaign and I can't find any counter files that I like except ones for use with Fantasy Grounds II (the ones from WyldFurr are terrific).

heruca

Explorer
I've been DYING to run a short World War II campaign and I can't find any counter files that I like except ones for use with Fantasy Grounds II (the ones from WyldFurr are terrific).

I've purchased some token sets from Wyldfurr, and I can definitely recommend them. The tokens are distributed as stand-alone PNG files, so you shouldn't have any problem printing them (although they will of course look best when printed much smaller than they appear on your computer screen).

Remove ads