Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=puddles]"Thanks puddles."[/sblock]
She scratches Puddles behind the ears. "No, he can't. He doesn't understand time well, but he says she was here lots, so that doesn't mean she actualy did it. However, that's the only other scent he picked up."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Erekose13 said:
"It would appear so. However, if the murderer had used another entrance, one we have not seen, to gain access. Then they would have an advantage over us, possibly through the entire palace. Having eliminated that option, we can concentrate our next steps on the two doors that have been rigged and around the body." he replies.
“They also could have used invisibility, translocational magic, even the knock spell you yourself used to gain access to the room, just to name three magical methods of entry...so why would they need a secret entrance?” Tiberius asks.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you, Vasha." Mythweaver replies.

"Translocation magic would be beyond my means of detection, unfortunately. The others still require access through the two doors we have ascertained are the only mundane means of entry. They do not need a secret entrance, but we have determined that they could not have used one and therefore must have used one of the two or magic more powerful than I have access to. Eliminating possibilities does not invalidate the most likely ones, it only strengthens the chances the likely possibilities are the only possibilities." Mythweaver replies to Tiberius. He'll then study the un-knocked door to see if he can spot any clues there.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The door seems well-used but also well-kept, as if it has been open and closed countless times by many passing through. There isn't really anything particularly distinguishing about it. It has pretty carvings of stars on the front, though that doesn't seem too important.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*It's just gone. Without the actual remains of the deadbolt, it would be nearly impossible to tell. There don't seem to be any visible residues, so it was probably either something more mundane or a subtle magic, rather than, for instance, an acid blast on the door.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"While my instincts tell me that more clues should lie in the methods of entry our assassin used, I am having trouble deducing what might have removed the deadbolts and jammed the locks on the doors. The mechanism is gone and there are no apparent tool marks or burn marks." Mythweaver ponders out loud.

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

*Tiberius just stays out of the way and allows Mythweaver to satisfy his curiosity.*

“Yes, I know, I inspected the doors during the initial search.”

Remove ads