Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

“I agree, let’s go,” Tiberius answers, sliding awkwardly from his horse and beginning to lead it back.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay--more time at full pace is considered forced march for the horses, but now the horses are only moving at half pace. They won't get back in the next eight hours this way, though)

unleashed

First Post
OOC: No they won’t, but without riding the horses into the ground there’s not much else they can do. I’m thinking of a walk for an hour/ride for an hour schedule, or something like that, so we get back a little faster than walking though if the horses can take it.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I was thinking the same thing. one hour off, couple hours of riding, etc. If there was a lake or stream on the way, we could stop to let them drink too.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Technically, I'm sort of bending the rules to allow you to even continue with the horses at all, since by RAW, they'd take Forced March penalties starting after the eighth hour. I'm going to allow up to four hours of walking them before they start taking the penalties, but they won't get sufficient rest to ride again unless you actually rest. Note that four hours of walking the horses plus six hours of forced marching them will result in reaching home. Horses, on average, can remain conscious for five hours of forced march. Any magic you have to aid in this might make the difference)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: spells what are those? hehe, I could loose a few 1st level spells and rememorize a few Expeditious Retreats that might help for a little bit.)

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Technically, I'm sort of bending the rules to allow you to even continue with the horses at all, since by RAW, they'd take Forced March penalties starting after the eighth hour. I'm going to allow up to four hours of walking them before they start taking the penalties, but they won't get sufficient rest to ride again unless you actually rest. Note that four hours of walking the horses plus six hours of forced marching them will result in reaching home. Horses, on average, can remain conscious for five hours of forced march. Any magic you have to aid in this might make the difference)
Hey, I'm just as happy to ride back after resting the night where we are if the horses can't cope. Though we likely wouldn't have headed out in the first place knowing how long the trip was (which I'd assume Mythweaver would have calculated before our 8 hour ride) without making other preparations for our lengthy absence beforehand.

Erekose13

Explorer
Yeah I'm with unleashed, I don't think we would've travelled this far if we knew how long it'd take. But now that we are here we are not going to rush back. We'll take it easy on the horses and aim to be back in the early morning the next day.

Remove ads