• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dipping my "Feats" in the PF pool...

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Hello there and WELCOME to Steeldragons' first ever non-D&D/non-5e thread here on ENworld!

I've recently had the pleasure of being introduced and joining a TT-in person-group for the first time in a looooong time. They play Pathfinder and, having completely skipped 3.xe D&D and PF entirely, I'm getting all caught up on/familiarized with the system as we go along and REALLY enjoying it. It's a great group and really cool/interesting homebrew campaigns/settings. It's going quite well, I think.

One of the 3+e/PF things that I have NEVER dealt with for any characters I've played, are "Feats.'" It's become pretty obvious to me, over hte past several weeks, that in order to really get "up to speed"/on par with the other PCs, I need to begin incorporating the feats. (I'd been ignoring them just to get going/learning the system.)

But now I'm comfortable enough to add in that layer.

So, the one campaign (that I'm asking about here) is middling level (we just got to 5th) and I'm playing an Elf Druid -Weather Domain. He's kinda a combination of melee-front-line guy with spear & shield-cloak, with a good sprinkling of spell-use in the vein of X-men's Storm for general field control and/or elemental (mostly wind/storm and lightning) damage. Just now getting into using my shapeshifting...and I already have the "Natural Spell" (I think that was the name...cast spells in animal form?) feat.

What are some suggestions/ideas for other feats to look at/go for from you good folks with more experience in/with PF for such a character? They don't have to be power-gamey/ultra-powered things...but flavorful/helpful/useful things that could bump up my character's effectiveness.

Ideas for items to seek out or have made are also welcome.

Thanks much for any recommendations.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Toughness and Improved Initiative are solid general purpose feats.

Powerful Shape and Vital Strike are nice if you're wildshaping quite a bit.

If you're focused on spellcasting, Intensified Spell is pretty nice at higher levels. Elemental Spell if you want to vary up your spells a bit. If you want more crowd control, Rime Spell is really fun when mixed with cold spells, which druids get quite a few of.

And, of course, if you want to go the tried and true summoning route, which is amazing in Pathfinder, the Spell Focus (Conjuration) -> Augmented Summoning -> Superior Summoning chain is great fun.

Remove ads