• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dire Kobold] List of Xenogenic adventures?

drnuncheon

Explorer
Hey big lizards,

Is there a list of the Xenogenic adventures available so far? I'm looking for something with a short plot blurb as well as the levels that the system can adapt it for.

If this is on your website already, I can't find it easily. If it's not, it would make a great addition!

Thanks!

J

Grinning Loony

First Post
It's on the website, but you have to be a subscriber to access it. (Just hit "Log In" and you can see a list.) Maybe that'll change, so non-subscribers can see what they might be getting themselves into. But there *is* a free demo subscription.

Drawmack

First Post
I would just like to say that direkobold.com is the pinacle of online adventure publication and the only reason not to subscribe is a sever lack of funds. Even if you write you're own adventures you can have a lot of OGC at your finger tips and ready to go encounters to drop into your adventures. So what are you waiting for spanky, sign up today.

drnuncheon

Explorer
I do have a lack of funds, sadly - no job at present - so I need to be pretty picky about where I spend my dollars. Since I've got two groups, both high-level (13-15), I don't want to subscribe and then find that everything scales from 4th-10th or so, as that wouldn't be much use to me. The plot blurbs would be a big help, too, so I can guess at whether the stuff would fit my game.

J

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Dr.,

The last adventure I sent in was for 9th level, so I'm sure it scales to what you need. The next will be a double-sized old school dungeon that will be set for 10th, but scalable to at least 15th I'm sure. So far there has been a good variety of levels, and the amount of scalability is incredible.

Now I can't wait to see how Ross scales that gibbering mouther....:D

Drawmack

First Post
drnuncheon said:
both high-level (13-15)

here is a list of the levels (and party sizes) for each adventure
5 - 11 (1-12)
6 - 12 (1-12)
5 - 11 (1-12)
1 - 7 (1-12)
1 - 9 (1-12)
4 - 10 (1-12)
7 - 13
7 - 13 (1-12)
3 - 9 (1-12)
3 - 9 (1-12)
1 - 7 (1 - 12)
1 - 7 (1 - 12)

Mind you that since you can scale the party size you can acutally make the level of the adventure higher by pumping up the party size. You can also choose the minimum and maximum monster hp and stuff so you can beef up the monsters/npcs as well. Also many of the adventures are part of an adventure path so higher level adventures are coming.

EOL

First Post
Man! All these DireKobold threads that I didn't even know about. That's what I get for spending all of my internet time on Tour de France sites rather than ENWorld. :D The list of adventures in addition to small samples (or what we like to call "snippets") of each adventure are available completely for free. All you have to do is sign up for a demo subscription. (We do ask for your e-mail address, but that's about it. Absolutely no money!!! We will eventually take you e-mail and sell it to the Nigerians, but that's far enough down the line that I wouldn't worry about. ;) )

Although as people have mentioned having a list right there up front maybe I'll get around to putting one up, but probably not until after GenCon.

Also to address a couple of other points. Wil has succeeded in replicating the confusion in the description of the Gibbering Mouther by merely including one in his adventure. Now that's good writing! ;)

Also Drawmack is correct. In the actual code of the adventure there is an additional level at each end of the adventure to handle a small number of characters on the one end and a large number of characters on the other. So if you had 4-6 characters that were on level higher then the top end you could choose a large number of characters and the adventure you got would be pretty close.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

kaiscomet

First Post
Hey Ross,
You had mentioned previously that you had thought about putting the adventures on-line and open to everyone, but later had mentioned that you might just put a few of them up (of course these ones would not be scalable). Have you ever thought about doing a "Best Of" book with the top 5-10 adventures for the year and selling it as a .pdf? I think that there are a lot of people who would be very suprised at the quality of adventures that are being published by you. IMO, some of them are far better than anything I have read recently by a 3rd party or even that little adventure mag that Paizo published. (What was their name again?) :D
Especially the last two!
(There are some props for you ashy! I can never speak bad about a good adventure with a rakhasa.)

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Well thanks, kasicomet! Much thanks indeed! I am very glad you enjoyed the adventure - just wait 'til part II! :D

I would love to see a "Best of" book from DireKobold - I would really love to see it in print!!!! Whatdaya say, Ross? ;)

Remove ads