• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dirty Fighting Feat...worth it?

Dristram

First Post
From how I understand the wording of the Dirty Fighting Feat in Sword and Fist, it must be used as a full-attack action. That means if a PC has multiple attacks, in order for him to make use of this Feat, he'd have to only one attack and not move. Is that correct? And if so, I don't see why anyone would take it besides flavor. Or am I missing something?

No your interpretation of this feat is absolutely correct and I think the same this feat is of no real use, I wouldn't take it either.
Even Sean K. Reynolds says that the feat is not worth taking it, I think he made a better version of this feat which you can check out at his HP www.seankreynolds.com . Or wasn't he the one who said that and made the feat.
I don't know the prerequ. of the feat but its only considerable to take it if you have only one attack anyway a round, which means only if you have a low-level character, and even in this case there are pretty better feats anyway, don't waste your feats for nothing.

Morose

First Post
In *theory* it could be useful if you have a fairly low attack bonus and can only reliably hit with your first attack, are using a low damage weapon, and/or have no appreciable strength bonus to your damage. In practice? It's pretty much useless. :)

Dr_Rictus

First Post
It's a fine feat for certain low-level mooks, so DM's should keep that in mind.

Aside from that, I agree with the previous posters.

Olive

Explorer
Dr_Rictus said:
It's a fine feat for certain low-level mooks, so DM's should keep that in mind.

Aside from that, I agree with the previous posters.

and i agree with dr rictus... for a 3rd lvl fighter thug or something like that, its not bad at all...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads