• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disable the blog bar to the Left of the screen?

La Bete

First Post
Some screenshots might be useful; I have a 22" screen, admittidly, but with both sidebars running I have acres of space. The sidebars between them take up maybe 15% of the screen at most.

As requested, this is on a 13 inch screen on a laptop.

It's a bit cramped, but I wouldn't go so far as say unusable.

On a possibly related note, I've found the forums a bit more sluggish sicne you've put in this change.

Regards

Attachments

• enworld.JPG
    enworld.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 91

pawsplay

Hero
Here's what I see logged in as a CS. As you can see, on my 17" ViewSonic 1024 x 768 flatscreen, the rightmost navigation icons trail off the screen. The left sidebar remnant is not terrible, but it makes the screen that much fatter to scroll over.

Attachments

• screenshot ENW.jpg
    screenshot ENW.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 83

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Here's what I see logged in as a CS. As you can see, on my 17" ViewSonic 1024 x 768 flatscreen, the rightmost navigation icons trail off the screen. The left sidebar remnant is not terrible, but it makes the screen that much fatter to scroll over.

I could see that being a problem - if I needed to click on that obscured RPGNow store button every five minutes! :)

LightPhoenix

First Post
Some screenshots might be useful; I have a 22" screen, admittidly, but with both sidebars running I have acres of space. The sidebars between them take up maybe 15% of the screen at most.

I'm on a 19" screen and it's not terrible so long as I don't have any sidebars open (I usually browse with my bookmarks bar open). I'd estimate the bars take up roughly 30% of the horizontal space space.

Now that I've gotten used to it, I'm going to say my reaction is that it's a little annoying, but perhaps I over-reacted when I first saw them. If I were on a smaller screen I'd be more upset. Also, if it's netting the site an extra $500 per month, that's something I can support.

My complaints about subscription models still stand though. I'm guessing it's old hat by now. :p

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Here's mine. 14" laptop screen, but I'm jumping between applications a lot, so I am not running my browser maximized. You'll note that I cannot see all the links to jump to later pages in the thread? I didn't picture them here, but the moderation quick tools down at the bottom of the page are likewise obscured.

The situation is improved if I am running my browser maximized, but my UXD friends tell me that's a bad assumption to make.

Attachments

• ENWorldwithsidebars.jpg
    ENWorldwithsidebars.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 83

Thanee

First Post
Well, yes. Everyone prefers sites to have no advertising and hand out free candy with every click! It's about getting a realistic balance.

Of course, no objections there.

As I said, I can fully understand where you are coming from. :)

Bye
Thanee

Nebten

First Post
I am still requesting a way to remove or minimize the blog/review bar on the side. Keep the ad if you must, but those other side bars are annoying.

Remove ads