Discovery Trailer

Star Trek: Discovery Deleted Scene Confirms Huge Fan Theory for Season 2

https://www.inverse.com/article/427...organic&utm_medium=inverse&utm_source=twitter

I am skeptical by this development.

Too many people make Section 31 in the uber-secret intelligence unit that makes no mistake, has no morals and saves the Federation from its own naivite. It undermines the Star Trek appeal.

But of course, there is a way to potray Section 31 much more critical, but whenever it comes to them, I worry the writers don't.

MarkB

Legend
Given that Section 31 is still active, and still completely clandestine, late into Star Trek DS9's run, how does the show effectively engage with them without changing that?

Maybe they won't. Maybe this scene was meant simply as an epilogue - a confirmation of Section 31's involvement in the Spore Drive project, and a way of tidying up Empress Georgiou's fate.

But yeah, I really hope Discovery isn't just going to be working for them.

Given that Section 31 is still active, and still completely clandestine, late into Star Trek DS9's run, how does the show effectively engage with them without changing that?

Maybe they won't. Maybe this scene was meant simply as an epilogue - a confirmation of Section 31's involvement in the Spore Drive project, and a way of tidying up Empress Georgiou's fate.

But yeah, I really hope Discovery isn't just going to be working for them.
There's a few ways. But there's lots of room to tell Section 31 stories in Star Trek without changing the organisation. Just having them denied or classified and unconfirmed. After all, a future President of the Earth discovered them and they managed not to be revealed.

Two years ago, I would have loved the idea of a S31 anthology show working its way through the timeline and showing what it was up to during TOS, movies, and TNG.

I am skeptical by this development.

Too many people make Section 31 in the uber-secret intelligence unit that makes no mistake, has no morals and saves the Federation from its own naivite. It undermines the Star Trek appeal.

But of course, there is a way to potray Section 31 much more critical, but whenever it comes to them, I worry the writers don't.
Yeah... I'm concerned by how the showrunners who made Star Trek: Discovery would handle Section 31. But I can't say anymore without commenting on Discovery and discussions here and elsewhere have show it's impossible to voice any criticisms of the show without its fans attacking and disagreeing.

Remove ads