• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I did a quick look-over at Tierra Padre, and came up with the following...

DM
Pbartender [last seen: 10-4-04 / last post: 10-4-04]

Players Involved
Venus [last seen: 10-12-04 / last post: 10-5-04]
El Jefe [last seen: 10-12-04 / last post: 10-4-04]
DM-Rocco [last seen: 10-7-04 / last post: 9-8-04]
Kahuna Burger [last post: 7-27-04]

It would appear that, for some time now, only Pbartender, Venus, and El Jefe have been regularly posting to Tierra Padre; DM-Rocco posted once relatively recently, apparently to say that he was having problems getting online.

DM-Rocco mentioned in mid-August that he would not be available until September due to moving. DM-Rocco's last post, however, mentions that he is ready to move on.

KB's disappearance from the game shouldn't be a surprise, since that was posted throughout the PbP forums.

If there are any other players involved (I only read the last three pages of the thread), they haven't posted in 3+ months.

Manzanita

First Post
El Jefe said:
It seems that a couple of characters in Treasure of the Tierra Padre have gone AWOL. We're in the middle of combat, one of the characters is dying, and neither player has posted in weeks. I have to think that either someone is having serious internet problems, serious time problems, or has given up on LEW (or at least on that adventure).

How are such things handled gracefully here? I don't think anyone (save Kahuna-Burger, who has definitely left) gave instructions for their characters to be ghosted, and I'd sure hate for my character to get stranded in limbo or to have to return to the tavern without finishing what seems to be a very promising adventure.

Assuming the DM's still around, he/she should handle it as he/she sees fit.

El Jefe

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
If there are any other players involved (I only read the last three pages of the thread), they haven't posted in 3+ months.

We're also missing MSD (Eruin). Up until the start of the current encounter, it was in character for Eruin to not say or do much. I'd suspected he was AWOL, but had hoped the character would leap into the action once an encounter started.

Manzanita said:

That works for me. I only brought it over here because I didn't want to clutter up the in-game thread with a lot of ooc chatter. Thanks!

Pbartender

First Post
Manzanita said:

I am... I've just been giving the AWOL people every chance to jump back in. If the remaining players would like to speed things back up, I will. Just let me know, guys.

Menrakion

First Post
Menrakion (new character)

To whom it may concern,

i've posted my new character (Menrakion) on the thread and it needs to be validated. Apparently, it didn't come out the way i wanted it to be. So if you have any problems to read it or if there is any other way i can change the format, please tell me (first time here !)

Thanks !

Velmont

First Post
Hey Menrakion...

You removed all the tag from the .txt I've send you. Without the tags (without space...) All spaces between two words are removed except one. That why it doesn't show as it does for me.

And a small mistake, nothing ig, that I have seen. Your charisma cost 4 points, not 2, to have it at 12, and that will bring the total to 30 points, and not 28 as you can calculate presently.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Okay, while I'm not a character Judge, I went ahead and examined your character, Menrakion.

First off - you need to use the correct character format. You've got it right, but it should be in (code) and (/code) replacing ( with [ . Not too big a deal, but it will make it much easier to glance at your sheet and find what you're looking for - it also makes it easier on the Judges.

Overall, your character looks good. You only have a few errors that need to be fixed.

Velmont said:
And a small mistake, nothing ig, that I have seen. Your charisma cost 4 points, not 2, to have it at 12, and that will bring the total to 30 points, and not 28 as you can calculate presently.

Good point, Velmont. The stats are correct (point values add up to 30), but the point value associated with Charisma is incorrect.

BTW, Velmont - aren't you in Africa?

You didn't note ACP (armor check penalty), which is -7 (-5 from armor, -2 from shield).

You should indicate that the attack roll with the throwing axe is ranged, not melee (IIRC, you can use a throwing axe as either a melee or ranged weapon, so you should note the attack bonuses seperately).

Your skills look good, but you need to note your ACP on Climb, Jump, and Swim checks (note that ACP on Swim checks is doubled, so in your case it's -14).

Other than that, looks good! :)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
BTW, Velmont - aren't you in Africa?

Almost, I am leaving the October 19th... pretty soon now. I'll surely post the 18th or 19th to remind that I am leaving and I might become silent for some time...

No, for now, I only need to make sure I have everything I need, go shopping for what I miss and pack all.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velmont said:
Almost, I am leaving the October 19th... pretty soon now. I'll surely post the 18th or 19th to remind that I am leaving and I might become silent for some time...

No, for now, I only need to make sure I have everything I need, go shopping for what I miss and pack all.

Oh, I thought that, when you posted that, you were leaving shortly after.

Hope you don't forget anything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads