• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurith

First Post
can u look here here to overveiw my character. I know ther is ?s and Xs but i dont understand them and thus...dont care. If someone has time, can you either mathematically determine them or if its a player choice thing, you choose. Thanks. Its taken me 3 days to get this far. Im zonked!

EDIT: I couldnt put a link in so here:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Yurith
[B]Class:[/B] Sorcerer
[B]Race:[/B] Elf
[B]Size:[/B] 4'11"
[B]Gender:[/B] M
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] Verdante

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 5 (1d4+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (31p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (7p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +?
[B]Cha:[/B] 15 +2 (3p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0        [B]Spell Fail:[/B] ?%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    +2    12
[B]Touch:[/B] ??              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] ??

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B] +1                      X    +X          +X
[B]Ref:[/B]  +2                      X    +X          +X
[B]Will:[/B] +0                      X    +X          +X

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Sling                     +2     1d4        X3-XXxX
Composite longbow         +2     1d8        X3-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Elven, Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] ?

[B]Feats:[/B] Dodge

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 12       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] X/X
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Spellcraft                    4    +2          +6
Concentration                 4    +1          +5
Knowledge (Arcana)            4    +1          +5
XXXX                          X    +X          +X

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Waterskin                 1gp    4lb
Bedroll                   1sp    5lb
Flint and steel           1gp   --lb
5 pts oil                 5sp    5lb
Backpack                  2gp    2lb
Chunk of meat (5)        15sp 2 1/2lb
Pitcher Wine              2sp    6lb
Sack                      1sp  1/2lb
Hooded lantern            7gp    2lb
Spell Comp. Pouch         5gp    2lb
Arrows (20)               1gp    3lb
Sling Bullets (20)        2sp   10lb
Belt pouch                1gp  1/2lb
Crowbar                   2gp    5lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B]47.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 22gp  6sp 00cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]            XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] 297
[B]Height:[/B] 4'11"
[B]Weight:[/B] 170lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] White
Appearance: general

Background: Not telling

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Yurith said:
can u look here here to overveiw my character. I know ther is ?s and Xs but i dont understand them and thus...dont care. If someone has time, can you either mathematically determine them or if its a player choice thing, you choose. Thanks. Its taken me 3 days to get this far. Im zonked!

That's a good start, but still a few tweaks. Also, the rest of us can't edit your character sheet for you, so you'll have to make the changes yourself. But we can make suggestions, and you can decide whether to do as we suggest.

The first change: the numbers that go in the first set of XX's, right after your ability scores, should be, in order, 4,5,6,8,3,8. Note that they add up to 34. That's a problem -- they should add up to 30. You will have to lower some of your abilities by a total of 4 points (lowering Int or Cha from 15 to 14 will count for 2 points). I would recommend doing this by reducing Dex, Int and Wis by 1 point each -- then none of your ability bonuses will change, so the parts of the rest of the sheet that are right can stay as they are. (If you lower Str or Con, or lower any of the other abilities by more than 1 point, you'd have to make other changes.) I'm going to make the rest of my comments on the assumption that this is what you're going to do.

Next, for armor class: your shield bonus should be 0, since you don't have a shield, and I think your misc bonus should also be 0, since I can't figure out where your +2 is coming from. However, your Dex bonus is +2, so the total is 12. For touch, put 12 (that doesn't count armor/shield, which you don't have anyway) and for flatfooted put 10 (that doesn't count Dex).

Saves: in the "base" column put 0,0,2 respectively. (Those are the numbers from the sorcerer table in the classes section of the PHB or the SRD.) In the "mod" column put +1, +2, +0 respectively (your Con, Dex and Wis bonuses respectively). In the final column add those numbers (1,2,2 respectively).

Sling: damage should be 1d4+1 (you can use your strength bonus with a sling). Critical should be 20/x2.

Composite Longbow: (edit-if you read this earlier it would have contained some incorrect information) Critical should be 20/x3.

Skills: assuming you keep the Int at 14 or 15, you have 16 skill points (4 times 4). Next to "max" write "4/2" -- that means you can take up to 4 ranks in a class skill, 2 in a cross-class skill. So you can pick another skill to put your last 4 points in.

Knowledge(Arcana) is Int-based, so you get +2 in the "mod" column, +6 total.

With a high intelligence, you can choose to learn two extra languages. Check the elves section (under races) to see the options.

Money: write 97 gp, 4 sp. That's the amount you have left over, not the amount you already spent.

Under "max weights": 43, 86, 130, 260, 650. That's assuming you keep the 12 strength. Note that at 47.5 lb, this means you are carrying a medium load (43 is the maximum light load for you, 86 the maximum medium load, etc.) Either unload a few pounds of that, or change "speed" (at the top of the page) to 20', and change ACP to -3. Those are the penalties that come from having more than a light load.

Edit: another thing I missed the first time -- under "abilities" write
Low-light vision
Sleep immunity
Proficiency in longsword, rapier, longbow, shortbow
+2 to listen, search, and spot checks
Automatic Search check for passing within 5' of a secret door

(These are all elven abilities)

And yes, I know this is all very confusing, but you're almost there. Soon you'll be able to start playing for real!

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
orsal said:
You will have to lower some of your abilities by a total of 4 points (lowering Int or Cha from 15 to 14 will count for 2 points). I would recommend doing this by reducing Dex, Int and Wis by 1 point each -- then none of your ability bonuses will change, so the parts of the rest of the sheet that are right can stay as they are.
His Dex is also a 15, so dropping Dex, Wis, and Int one would make him 1 point short. Just drop Dex 1 and Int 1.

Edit: Forgot about racial modifiers.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

orsal said:
Composite Longbow: you aren't proficient with it. You're only proficient with simple weapons, and it's a martial weapon. So change the attack roll to -2 (the -4 penalty comes from nonproficiency). My recommendation, actually: forget the longbow altogether. If you really want a weapon with a longer range than a sling, try a crossbow -- but I wouldn't bother. Most of the time you're going to prefer to cast spells instead of using the weapons.
He's an Elf, so he's proficient with the Longbow and Composite Longbow.

Jdvn1

Also, I don't think he can be that short, but that's not a big deal either.

And if you just edit your post, it might be easier to read with all the information in one post.

Edit: Check that -- 4'7" is minimum Elf height (4'5"+2d6). He's good there.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Jdvn1 said:
His Dex is also a 15, so dropping Dex, Wis, and Int one would make him 1 point short. Just drop Dex 1 and Int 1.

No, he's an elf, so his Dex is 13 before racial adjustments.

Thanks for reminding me of the elven weapon proficiencies. I'll edit that part.

Jdvn1

Oh, right. Shouldn't he also have Low-Light Vision written on there somewhere, then?

orsal

LEW Judge
Jdvn1 said:
Also, I don't think he can be that short, but that's not a big deal either.

And if you just edit your post, it might be easier to read with all the information in one post.

Edit: Check that -- 4'7" is minimum Elf height (4'5"+2d6). He's good there.

Although, now that you mention it, he's not good there. If he's 6" above racial baseline, then maximum weight would be 85+(6x6)=121 lb. A 170 lb elf is a very fat one indeed -- heck, I don't weight that much, and I'm a 5'9" human.

Jdvn1

orsal said:
Although, now that you mention it, he's not good there. If he's 6" above racial baseline, then maximum weight would be 85+(6x6)=121 lb. A 170 lb elf is a very fat one indeed -- heck, I don't weight that much, and I'm a 5'9" human.
:lol: Didn't notice that. So, as written, he's not fitting through any doors any time soon. Probably not walking much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads