Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
I believe so, there are only 4 or 5 of them defined.

A quick search of the deities thread shows: Phyrah, Sela, Russna, Shurassa, Ulura. That's five, all but one of them demigods. I had thought Ayratha was one of the seven too, but she isn't identified as such.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Mishtuli is a male demon god who is trapped somewhere, and his lover Lilitu is trying to find him and wandering the Underdark. We can make the drow non-spider-worshipping easily. Perhaps they hate spiders because the lower form of their once-beautiful goddess is seen as a curse? Anyways, I tried to flesh them out slightly by creating the Nesfylim, a group of demon-loving Mishtuli worshipping drow who believe that Lilitu is looking in the wrong places and search the upper world for a way to free Mishtuli and bring a reign of evil to the world. First of all, I don't really feel the need for LEW to use the word 'Drow' for our Dark Elves, so the fact that most encountered Dark Elves (assuming you don't go to the Underdark) might be more specifically Nesfylim makes me happy. Second, it helps shift their role a bit, which I think is nice. I'm also thinking they might have gained Infernal Sight from their master and have a different colouring of eyes than normal. I can help expand this more if people like it.
I like that. Expand on it some more, and propose it as a change. It makes our dark elves a bit different, and adds some flavor to the world

Bront

The man with the probe
InVinoVeritas said:
Do we need to necessarily divide the deities as Greater, Intermediate, etc.? Does it really have an in-game effect? There may be better ways we can classify the deities.

For example, the Seven Sisters could be placed in one group. As it stands, there is a distinct difference between, say, Sela and Ayratha. Should there be?
Honestly, it's often how societies catigorized their deities. The greater ones wielded more power, while the lessers were move focused. Zeus vs Hermies is probably a good mythological example.

Erekose13

Explorer
Heres a slightly different look at the Pantheon, by what domains are currently held:
Code:
Air		Phyrah	Shurassa Halor				
Animal		Verdante						
Chaos		Grendath Shurassa Halor	Kazikazi			
Death		Jareth	Seto					
Destruction	Taurusk	Kazikazi					
Earth		Verdante Chennet Sela	Geoth	Gundar	Shural	
Evil		Taka	Jareth	Seto	Lilitu	Mishtuli		
Fire		Chennet Geoth	Ayratha				
Good		Hyrag	Delanor	Grendath Chennet Geoth	Halina	
Healing		Hyrag	Halina					
Knowledge	Antonidas Gliran Jareth	Russna	Ulura	Shural	
Law		Antonidas Gliran Sela	Jareth	Ayratha	Gundar	Shural
Luck		Taka	Grendath Mongrel				
Magic		Antonidas Gliran Russna	Lilitu			
Plant		Verdante Halina					
Protection	Delanor	Phyrah	Ulura	Geoth	Shural		
Strength	Sela	Taurusk	Ayratha	Gundar	Kazikazi		
Sun		Hyrag	Halina	Halor				
Travel		Phyrah	Mongrel					
Trickery	Taka	Grendath Mongrel Ulura	Lilitu		
War		Delanor	Grendath Taurusk Kazikazi Mishtuli	
Water		Delanor	Shurassa					
Artifice*	Gundar						
Charm*		Ulura						
Community*								
Creation*	Gundar						
Darkness*	Seto	Halor	Mishtuli				
Glory*								
Liberation*								
Madness*								
Nobility*								
Repose*								
Rune*								
Skalykind*								
Weather*		Halor						
Mind!								
Forge@		Chennet						
Community@	Sela						
Communication@	Russna						
Blood@		Taurusk

* = In the SRD under Divine
! = In the SRD under Psionic
@ = New Domain created for LEW (note that Community is slightly different than the one in the SRD)

I personally would like to see some of those unused domains dolled out if possible.

Bront

The man with the probe
Nice work Erekose.

Forgot about the Mind domain, Antonidas sorta fits it, but not realy.

Standard SRD Domains with 2 or less Deities: Animal, Death, Destruction, Healing, Plant, Travel, Water

Expanded SRD Domains with no Deities: Community (Sorta), Glory (Has a likely candidate already), Liberation, Madness, Mind, Nobility, Repose, Rune (Has a likely candidate already), Skalykind

Now, we may not need every expanded one covered, but it might be nice. I can think of a few ideas to cover most of them.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I like that. Expand on it some more, and propose it as a change. It makes our dark elves a bit different, and adds some flavor to the world
Well, we already know that the Nesfylim at least existed in our world's past--I love inserting things into adventures!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Death - I have one sorta drawn up, I'll get that finished up at some point to add to the discussion

Just make sure to create a cool death god. By which I mean, there are tons of awesome concepts for a death god, so we don't need another hackneyed hypocritical evil undead-making Nerull (I say hypocritical because a god of death should not be supporting the undead, who are cheating death). You know what would be really cool? If there were legends of a distant place near the negative energy tower where living beings could enter the Underworld. Then if the death god was Neutral or Lawful Neutral with an emphasis on keeping the dead dead, players might be able to enter the Underworld (as an alternate adventure to the tower of Hyrag) and bargain for the soul of a lost companion.

Bront

The man with the probe
Yeah, I was working on a LN sheapherd of the dead, probably with the Repose domain among others.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well, as a shepherd, he could be an interesting husband for Halina ;)
*insert unappropriate sheep joke here* :lol:

I'm writing up the war god now, just because I have that bursting from my mind, but I'll get this one down too.

Remove ads