• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

disintegrate clerical symbols

Zaknafein

First Post
if the spell were to destroy the clerical symbol, could the cleric cast any spells? does he lose all his spells?

-in honor zaknafein

hammymchamham

First Post
if the cleric has no Divine Focus, he can't cast spells with the DF symbol in the spells discription. He could cast those with out it. If he had a back up Divine Focus, he could use that. And he doesn't lose his spells. If he found a Divine Focus later in the day, he could always cast the spells he had prepared earlier on

Last edited:

Disintegrating a Cleric is nothing to worry about. Just give the Bard your Scroll of True Resourection and he is back.

But destroying his Divine Focus... Well, that is nasty.

Mustrum Ridcully

mmu1

First Post
I suppose you could do it if the symbol was unattended, and royally screw him over, but if the cleric was holding or wearing it, I wouldn't allow a "called shot" at the holy symbol any more than I'd allow people to aim for a wizard's spell component pouch, or to let them try to hit him in the mouth and sever his tongue... That way lies cheese.

Remove ads